Author Topic: Skyrim SKSE Launcher  (Read 482 times)

Offline Fyrus

• Gamer
Skyrim SKSE Launcher
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:17:48 PM »
I was able to download the SKSE launcher available on Steam , but I was wondering if there is a way to make it function properly. For instance the launcher won't initiate the extended script for SkyUI.

Additionally, I am using High Sierra with a Iris Intel, and updating to full resolution is not getting rid of the mac menu bar (or the dock).

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:33:15 AM by Fyrus »

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Skyrim SKSE Launcher
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 12:53:22 AM »
I was able to download the SKSE launcher available on Steam , but I was wondering if there is a way to make it function properly. For instance the launcher won't initiate the extended script for SkyUI.

Did you tried to launch the Script Extender instead of Skyrim in the Steam library?

Also, remember to enable the SkyUI file in the Data menu of the launcher.

Additionally, I am using High Sierra with a Iris Intel, and updating to full resolution is not getting rid of the mac menu bar (or the dock).

With Full Resolution enabled, what do you get if you press "Wineskin Tools" -> "Launch Wineskin", and then pressing "Screen Options"? I mean, precisely, which options are selected and/or checked in that window?

Offline Fyrus

• Gamer
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 07:04:51 PM »
Did you tried to launch the Script Extender instead of Skyrim in the Steam library?

Also, remember to enable the SkyUI file in the Data menu of the launcher.

I was able to get SKSE and SkyUI to work successfully. Thank you.

With Full Resolution enabled, what do you get if you press "Wineskin Tools" -> "Launch Wineskin", and then pressing "Screen Options"? I mean, precisely, which options are selected and/or checked in that window?

Image of the option readout attached.

Greyed- High Quality Mode...

Full Resolution Mode (This is my selection).
Windowed Mode...
Default Mode

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »

"Wineskin Tools" in and option available when you right-click the port in the library. Check the place above and send the screenshot of it ;)

Offline Fyrus

• Gamer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 03:50:20 PM »
"Wineskin Tools" in and option available when you right-click the port in the library.

macOS High Sierra has been less than kind in working with wineskin for me. I get stuck on the busy screen when I make this selection.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 10:22:59 PM »
Ok, try this: right-click the port in Finder, press "Show Package Contents", open the "Contents" folder and replace the Info.plist file with the one in the attachment. After that, try to open Wineskin again.

Offline Fyrus

• Gamer
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 12:24:05 AM »
Nice! Wineskin is running now.

I attached a screenshot.

Offline Fyrus

• Gamer
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:18 AM »
Update: When I went to test whether or not this update fixed the issue, I updated the resolution in properties again (it was set to Default again). This did not solve the problem.

When I attempted to launch wineskin again, I got the busy screen.
I changed it to default again, and I was able to open wineskin. This selection seems to impact my access to wineskin.

Additionally, when I open another window while Skyrim is open, it minimizes the window keeping the sound. I am unable to re-open the game window when this happens. [SOLVED] This is just a minor change. By double-clicking the game within steam (which no longer disappears at launch of skyrim) I am able to reopen the game screen.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:43:01 AM by Fyrus »

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 01:08:18 PM »
Alright, then try this:

Once you replace the Info.plist file with the one that I provided, go the "Screen Options" window in Wineskin, and select the following options:

Override Wine control of Screen Settings? Yes
Override Settings Fullscreen

Then close Wineskin and launch the port. Check if the problem was fixed.

Offline Fyrus

• Gamer
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 07:51:37 PM »
[SOLVED] You're the man. That did it.

---
I have other questions regarding mods such as FNIS and XPMSE for Skyrim. Should I start another thread for these? I imagine this gets pretty far out there for making XP mods work when NMM doesn't really work through the porting kit.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 10:37:07 PM »
I have other questions regarding mods such as FNIS and XPMSE for Skyrim. Should I start another thread for these? I imagine this gets pretty far out there for making XP mods work when NMM doesn't really work through the porting kit.

Better starting a new thread :)

Big_Tower

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 08:31:18 AM »
Ok, try this: right-click the port in Finder, press "Show Package Contents", open the "Contents" folder and replace the Info.plist file with the one in the attachment. After that, try to open Wineskin again.

I had the same issue like Fyrus (+ same specs on my Mac). I exchanged my existing info.plist file with the one you uploaded. When I open porting kit now, it crashes (I open it, I see it open and it closes 1 sec after I clicked) and I forgot to back up my original info.plist file. :/ You got any ideas how I can get porting kit running again, so that I can try to solve the full resolution issue for me aswell?

Big_Tower

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 08:45:01 AM »
I had the same issue like Fyrus (+ same specs on my Mac). I exchanged my existing info.plist file with the one you uploaded. When I open porting kit now, it crashes (I open it, I see it open and it closes 1 sec after I clicked) and I forgot to back up my original info.plist file. :/ You got any ideas how I can get porting kit running again, so that I can try to solve the full resolution issue for me aswell?

Managed to fix it as well now:
1) Downloaded porting kit again
2) copied the plist.info from the second copy and copied it into the contents folder of my first copy of porting kit

---

If you had no problem with plist.info you can skip the first 2 steps and go right away to properties of skyrim in porting kit. Go to Screen tab and set screen to DEFAULT. Now right click on Skyrim Application in porting kit and Start Wineskin. It will only open if you selected default in the screen tab. Now follow instructions from vitormm :)

Thanks for your input guys!