Author Topic: No Text for LOOT under New Vegas  (Read 21 times)

Offline bobbd2000

No Text for LOOT under New Vegas
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:04:59 AM »
I'm applying mods to Fallout New Vegas running in The Porting Kit. There's no problem with the game itself. I have Mod Organizer installed and running perfectly, so I can easily install mods. From Mod Organizer, I can run the New Vegas Script Enhancer (NVSE). I can also run FNVEdit and Wrye Flash (the Wrye Bash version for New Vegas). However, if I try and run LOOT either directly or from within Mod Organizer, I can't see any text.

LOOT runs and I get the normal LOOT window with entries, just no text. I've tried selecting text and I get the selection colour change, but still can't see any text. I don't know if the text is missing or whether it's the same colour as the background. I noticed that LOOT is the only one of the apps I've mentioned to use a coloured bacground. The others are standard Windows dialogs. Am I missing a DLL somewhere?

Thanks

Bob

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: No Text for LOOT under New Vegas
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:18:20 PM »
Hey Bob!

Could you please perform a Debug in the port and run LOOT while in Debug so I can check its log?

Offline bobbd2000

Re: No Text for LOOT under New Vegas
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:31:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Here's what I did.

Started Porting Kit and went to my library.
Right click on the game and select Debug. Ignored the error about the Porting Kit running.
Selected C drive. Navigated to Program Files\LOOT and double clicked on LOOT.EXE
Watched as LOOT loaded and the interface came up without text.
Exited LOOT and exported the debug log (attached).

If you need more, just ask.

Bob