Author Topic: IGI "Game must be in same directory" error  (Read 1584 times)

Mike

IGI "Game must be in same directory" error
« on: April 08, 2018, 09:26:44 PM »
Hi all

I just stumble upon a free download of IGI. After installing PK I had to create a " New Custom Port" as I could not find IGI on the server list. After installation, upon starting the game I get an error box saying "Game must be in the same directory". I have tried to play around with different possible solutions, not found any google answers that can help me and as an avid user of windows XP (back in the days i felt comfortable and competent to navigate the bowls of the computer...) I now stand corrected... I dont have a clue how to do this on a Mac.

Would really appreciate if someone had a solution to this, thanks!

pushadapu kapil

Re: IGI "Game must be in same directory" error
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 07:05:33 AM »

You should copy the game folder to your ~/.wine/drive_c directory. To do this, open nautilus and press Ctlr+h to reveal hidden folders and files. After this, copy the complete folder of the program you are trying to run using wine. Now, go to your home folder(where you have your Documents, Downloads directory by default) and here you will find a .wine directory, open the directory and paste the folder in the drive_c folder and try to run it again.