Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall  (Read 429 times)

Angry Bob

The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:15:33 PM »
I did read the instructions before I posted but I donít know if this is a bug. The program certainly doesnít work. What happens is if you download the wrapper and follow the instructions, it will install and even add the patches that Iíd normally have to hunt down to make the game less bug free. The issue is that after everything is done, you click on the icon and it goes to a DOS command prompt in the Z drive.
Specifically:

Z:\>-exit
Illegal command: -exit
Z:\>

None of the game files are in that directory and when I try to go to Ďdrive_cí it wonít.

I know how to work DOS (or did) but DOSBOX is a little different for me. Just a minor issue, I think itís more of an issue getting the loader to run the correct file.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Master Porter
Re: The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
I did read the instructions before I posted but I donít know if this is a bug. The program certainly doesnít work. What happens is if you download the wrapper and follow the instructions, it will install and even add the patches that Iíd normally have to hunt down to make the game less bug free. The issue is that after everything is done, you click on the icon and it goes to a DOS command prompt in the Z drive.
Specifically:

Z:\>-exit
Illegal command: -exit
Z:\>

None of the game files are in that directory and when I try to go to Ďdrive_cí it wonít.

I know how to work DOS (or did) but DOSBOX is a little different for me. Just a minor issue, I think itís more of an issue getting the loader to run the correct file.

In DOSBox you don't go to 'drive_c'; just like in any Wineskin wrapper, the drive_c is in fact C:. If you type 'C:' in DOSBox, it is going to open drive_c in it. Anyway, that 'Illegal command: -exit' error shouldn't happen. I will test it right now.

Which instructions are you talking about?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:06:12 PM by vitormm »

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Master Porter
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 05:33:29 PM »
Verifying the game shortcut, I've seen that the game installer was being updated, just like the DOSBox flags. Open the game Properties (right-click it in the Local Tab, Properties) and change the run path to:

"C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Daggerfall\dosbox.exe" -conf dosbox.conf -conf DosBoxDaggerfall.conf -noconsole -c -exit

I've updated the port in the database.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:35:27 PM by vitormm »

Angry Bob

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »
Thank you for fixing that.

Quick question for you, how do get the game to be in Windowed mode?

Thanks again.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Master Porter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 10:10:54 PM »
Thank you for fixing that.

Quick question for you, how do get the game to be in Windowed mode?

Thanks again.

If you edit the 'DosBoxDaggerfall.conf' file, you can change the fullscreen variable from true to false, but in my test I couldn't get the mouse to work in the windowed mode.