Author Topic: Issue with Age of Empires II HD  (Read 904 times)

Offline SW

Issue with Age of Empires II HD
« on: November 28, 2015, 03:13:43 AM »
Hey, guys. I just started using Porting Kit. I think it's really handy, but I can't get it to work. Here's what I did:

• Went to the Library > Server, clicked Download on Age of Empires 2 HD
  • It downloaded a bunch of stuff and winetricks.
  • It downloaded SteamSetup.exe, I installed it, and opened my steam account with it.
  • I installed Age of Empires 2 HD from my Steam account, using the Windows Steam installed through Porting Kit.

However, every time I try to click Play, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Issue with Age of Empires II HD
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
Hey, guys. I just started using Porting Kit. I think it's really handy, but I can't get it to work. Here's what I did:

• Went to the Library > Server, clicked Download on Age of Empires 2 HD
  • It downloaded a bunch of stuff and winetricks.
  • It downloaded SteamSetup.exe, I installed it, and opened my steam account with it.
  • I installed Age of Empires 2 HD from my Steam account, using the Windows Steam installed through Porting Kit.

However, every time I try to click Play, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Try the following: create the port once more, but this time don't launch Steam after installing. Wait until Porting Kit shows you a notification that the port is ready and then open it, login and install the game.

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
Re: Issue with Age of Empires II HD
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 11:18:35 PM »
Has this been solved