Author Topic: Civilization 3 on mac  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Stonelord Woodsman

• Gamer
Civilization 3 on mac
« on: May 15, 2015, 03:36:12 PM »
Hello Porting Community!

Iím a huge fan of the Civilization series, and I wish to have played them all. So far I have played all of them except civ 3. And itís the only one I donít own to this date.

Civ 3 used to be available for mac, but since a year ago it is no longer available. Though the windows versions still are, including one on steam and one on Gamersgate. Both are 5 bucks.
Looking at Paull The Tallís website, there used to be a port for this game, but it is no longer available since the native mac version came out. Perhaps it should come back at some point?

So I was mainly wondering if one of the steambuilds would work well if I try the steam version. Anyone tried it using one of the builds?

Thanks. Also thanks for adding Civ 2 to the Porting Kit!

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Civilization 3 on mac
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 02:33:29 AM »
Thatís a game request; it should be in the Games Requests topic.

Offline Stonelord Woodsman

• Gamer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 09:17:23 AM »
Thanks for having a good look at this. Sorry that didnít post it in the right section, it was meant to go here, but I guess I missclicked without noticing. :p

So should I try one of the steambuilds to run this? Or should I wait a while for a new port? Iím not in a hurry to play this, so I can wait if needed.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 12:29:33 PM »
Well, it is in our Request list now, but there are many games in there and it might take a long time to reach it. If you have the Steam version probably it would be better try the Steambuilds.