Author Topic: Any way to run 2 clients?  (Read 514 times)

Offline vlin

Any way to run 2 clients?
« on: October 29, 2015, 09:56:17 AM »
So I've been running portingkit for Ragnarok and it's been really amazing, everything has went very smooth so far. However is there any way to open more than 1 client at once? This would greatly help me as multiple characters require multiple clients to trade items between, etc. It's generally a standard feature of the game, but when I have one client open and press "Play" in porting kit to run another, the Portingkit screen just flashes for a moment and nothing happens. I would be forever grateful if there was a way to implement running multiple clients, if there isn't already...  :)

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
Re: Any way to run 2 clients?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:15:11 AM »
mm since i have never played the game and don't know how it log's you in maybe you could do it by opening the second client from the applications folder ???

Offline vlin

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:13:03 PM »
mm since i have never played the game and don't know how it log's you in maybe you could do it by opening the second client from the applications folder ???

if you mean applications folder via finder, that doesn't work. Are most games able to open 2 clients?

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »
I don't think this can be done as when you login into the servers you are logged in via your ip so the only way you could do this is maybe having the game open on two computer's but as i said i am not familiar with the game but when you log into other online games you cant have 2 clients open at the same time that would open a whole world of cheating.  :) :D ;D

Offline vlin

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 02:22:54 PM »
I don't think this can be done as when you login into the servers you are logged in via your ip so the only way you could do this is maybe having the game open on two computer's but as i said i am not familiar with the game but when you log into other online games you cant have 2 clients open at the same time that would open a whole world of cheating.  :) :D ;D

lol, I understand your mindset on this but it's actually not considered cheating on this game, and many people do it. :P People running on windows clients have no restrictions on it but they don't have to go through portingkit.

for example, to have multiple characters you need multiple accounts, which is legal. And to trade items and money between them you need to be able to open more than 1 client. So all my stuff on one account I can't move unless I trust someone with them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:49:35 PM by vlin »

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »
Hey Vlin! There are two ways to do it:
1- Using Porting Center, going to the Menubar tab, you can ask add a menu bar item which runs the game exe. That will allow you to run the game twice.
2- Also in Porting Center, add a second app to the applications list which also points to the game exe. With that, you will be able to run it by double-clicking the alias which will be generated, like with Setup.

Offline vlin

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 04:09:14 AM »
thanks so much - was confusing at first since I didn't have porting center and never used, but I figured it out - thanks a million!!

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 10:59:49 AM »
This Topic has been solved and is now locked