Author Topic: Changing Ragnarok screen resolution on macbook - HELP!!!  (Read 1594 times)

Offline juanitainez

Changing Ragnarok screen resolution on macbook - HELP!!!
« on: October 21, 2015, 09:50:18 PM »
Hi guys,

so i just download Ragnarok online via porting kit.
everything works perfectly until i fond out that I could not find the EXE setup icon for ragnarok (it was not included?).
so now i am stuck with a small screen to play the game - I want it bigger!

looking at the description from porting kit when i download the game - it says:
You have to adjust the Game and Setup EXE’s manually after the installation (I strongly recommend Porting Center to do that)

so i download porting centre - but i don't know how it works at all (very clueless here).
I noticed that there are 2 options: "login" and "offline".
How and where I can get my username ID to login? because now I can only click offline..

How can I change the setup EXE for ragnarok online? please help!!

Thank you!
Inez

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Changing Ragnarok screen resolution on macbook - HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:58:32 PM »
Just press Offline and then press Cmd + O. Then, select the Ragnarok port. Now, just adjust the port name, path and icon and after that press Cmd + S and close.

Just one question: which Ragnarok server are you trying to install?

Offline juanitainez

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 03:20:43 AM »
Hi thanks for the quick respond!

Im downloading iRO - chaos server - works perfectly fine! been playing for 2 hours now its great

I followed your instruction, saved my resolution and its still not changing :( still have a small square.
What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance,
Inez

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 09:33:58 AM »
Hi thanks for the quick respond!

Im downloading iRO - chaos server - works perfectly fine! been playing for 2 hours now its great

I followed your instruction, saved my resolution and its still not changing :( still have a small square.
What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance,
Inez

You shouldn't set the resolution throw the Porting Center, you should adjust the Setup app path to select Ragnarok's Setup. After that, you will be able to run it using an alias/shortcut which will be in the game folder. If you can't find it, open Porting Kit and go to the local tab. You will find it there, since that port was made to create it too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:44:09 AM by vitormm »

Offline vlin

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 04:47:09 AM »

You shouldn't set the resolution throw the Porting Center, you should adjust the Setup app path to select Ragnarok's Setup. After that, you will be able to run it using an alias/shortcut which will be in the game folder. If you can't find it, open Porting Kit and go to the local tab. You will find it there, since that port was made to create it too.

I figured I would post in the same topic since mine deals with RO too...

I am trying to launch SimplyRO, I downloaded their .exe installer, and select it when I select ragnarok online installation path. It installs it, to C: drive, installs data.grf and everything, then says it is installed successfully, and says "Launch patcher". Once I try to do it again it tells me "Oops! No new executables found... Maybe the installer failed?" But it clearly worked, since I can play the game after installing, but once I close out and try to relaunch it tells me to re-install... :(

I also can't seem to find out how to change the window resolution either.

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 07:43:43 AM »
Hello vlin the Oops! "No new executables found" is usually caused by either the installer not being compatible with wine of the installer is corrupted try re-downloading the installer and running again or delete the game from PK and your mac and reinstalling it this might help but if this doesn't help then the installer is not compatible with wine or it is being corrupted.

As for the window resolution, a simple google search lead to a potential fix since i have never played the game this may not work but go to your applications folder and right click on the game and click "Show package contents" then open "Wineskin.app" then the tools tab on open the Registry editor  and change these values

(32-bit)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok

(64-bit)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok

change the HEIGHT and WIDTH values this should fix you resolution issues
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:45:57 AM by 112madgamer »

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »
112madgamer, let's not use Registry methods for Ragnarok because it can be solved without it. I've played Ragnarok for years, so let me deal with that.

Vlin, that's happening because the wrapper needs to know where is the game exe, and since you are installing a different server the exe path is different. You need to right-click the game in your local tab, press Properties, click on Advanced and click on Browse on the Main EXE field, selecting the exe that runs the game.

About the Resolution, you should set it on Setup: You shouldn't set the resolution throw the Porting Center, you should adjust the Setup app path to select Ragnarok's Setup. After that, you will be able to run it using an alias/shortcut which will be in the game folder, and use it to change the game resolution. If you can't find the Setup app, open Porting Kit and go to the local tab. You will find it there, since that port was made to create it too. If you can also find it there, right click the game on the local tab, press "Show Package Contents" and double click the Setup app.

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 04:38:40 PM »
as i said never played don't know much

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 11:00:01 AM »
Has this topic been solved

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 01:14:02 PM »
Has this topic been solved

Not yet, since he didn't answer we don't know. Let's wait for 1 month since his last answer (November 23th).

Offline vlin

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »
been a while since I've posted, sorry - but I actually ended up using madgamer's method - I did set the resolution by running the setup exe but it still appeared to be in the same size resolution. I used the registry method to set the height to 300 i believe and width to 400 and it works just fine. Thanks for the help~

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 11:33:04 AM »
Awesome glad we could help

This Topic has been solved and is now locked