Author Topic: Wineskin - Can you have two shortcuts for two apps that are in a single wrapper?  (Read 999 times)

Offline Stonelord Woodsman

• Gamer
This isn't specifically related to PK, but it is porting related nonetheless. You guys work a lot with wineskin so I hope that you may be able to provide an answer to my question..

Here's the situation: I've made a wrapper for a game, which works great, but the installer installs two applications, the game itself and a map editor. When I launch the wrapper, it launches the game. But if I want to launch the editor, I have to show package contents -> open wineskin -> advanced -> navigate and change exe file to the editor's exe -> test run or close wineskin and launch the wrapper. And if I want to play the game again, I have to change the exe back to the game's exe obviously.

My question: Is there a way that I can have two shortcuts, one for each of the apps that are in this wrapper (and have to be in the same wrapper) so I don't have to change this configuration over and over again?

Thanks

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
Hello  ;D

Yes you can do this, this is what i did for the Grand Theft Auto wrapper in PK it has the game launcher and settings app this is done by creating a custom EXE. Go to the Wineskin.app inside the the game and open it then click the "Tools" tab here you will see a button the says "Custom EXE creator" Then you should know how to fill out the rest since it seems like you know what your doing but to use both these custom EXE you can either make a shortcut or import the game into PK and both the EXE's will show up in there.

And what game is it? maybe i can add it to PK

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
If you prefer, you can also use Porting Center. After pressing 'Offline Mode', you just need to open the wrapper (Cmd + O or File -> Open) and press 'Add Application'. Now, you just need to choose the name, version, icon and screen options for the other EXE.

There are two kinds of EXE's in Wineskin wrappers: the Main EXE and the Custom EXE; on Porting Center, you can switch which one is the main EXE with a double click in the list. The main EXE is the one that opens when you double click the wrapper, and the custom EXE is the one that opens when you double click a shortcut/alias (which is created automatically by Porting Center).

Offline Stonelord Woodsman

• Gamer
Big thanks to both of you! I used 112madgamer's method.

The game I was talking about is StarCraft Anthology, which no longer runs on mac since OSX Lion. I downloaded the windows installer from battle.net, using a cd key I registered from the disk version, although I didn't have the use the actual disk using this method. Using the following steps I made the game run:

I created a new wrapper with the engine WS9Wine1.7.10, did not install mono or whatever it asked to install, and ran the downloaded exe, which downloads the installer (funnily enough) which then installs the game and the editor in the wrapper.

In wineskin, in the registry editor I added the following string values to HKEY_CURRENT_USER:
DirectDrawRenderer, gdi
OffScreenRendering, fbo
RenderTargetLockMode, readtex
VideoMemorySize, 256

I think that's all I did.

Don't credit me for these settings if you add it to the PK, I didn't come up with them, I got them from the internet  :P
What works: the entire game, including cinematic videos, and editor which is best launched directly and not from the game (hence why I posted this question). Lan-multi is supposed to work as well, although online maybe not but I've tested neither.

Note: The OSX cursor renders on top off the game's cursor, don't know how to fix this, it may be engine specific.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Big thanks to both of you! I used 112madgamer's method.

The game I was talking about is StarCraft Anthology, which no longer runs on mac since OSX Lion. I downloaded the windows installer from battle.net, using a cd key I registered from the disk version, although I didn't have the use the actual disk using this method. Using the following steps I made the game run:

I created a new wrapper with the engine WS9Wine1.7.10, did not install mono or whatever it asked to install, and ran the downloaded exe, which downloads the installer (funnily enough) which then installs the game and the editor in the wrapper.

In wineskin, in the registry editor I added the following string values to HKEY_CURRENT_USER:
DirectDrawRenderer, gdi
OffScreenRendering, fbo
RenderTargetLockMode, readtex
VideoMemorySize, 256

I think that's all I did.

Don't credit me for these settings if you add it to the PK, I didn't come up with them, I got them from the internet  :P
What works: the entire game, including cinematic videos, and editor which is best launched directly and not from the game (hence why I posted this question). Lan-multi is supposed to work as well, although online maybe not but I've tested neither.

Thanks for the tips ;) Of course, we need to test it first, but that's really helpful.

Note: The OSX cursor renders on top off the game's cursor, don't know how to fix this, it may be engine specific.

Probably that can be solved with a winetrick related with the mouse (I think I had a similar problem with Bioshock 2, and I was able to solve it).