Author Topic: Outcast 1.1 startup issue  (Read 494 times)

Offline wizpig

Outcast 1.1 startup issue
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »
Hi Paul,

that is a really nice project you've started here. I appreciate that a lot! :)

However I ran into an issue when trying to run Outcast 1.1. After the installation (that ended with a few error messages) I successfully got my Outcast.app file. When double clicking it I only get this standard Wineskin window (with "Install Software", "Set Screen Option", etc.) instead of the game that starts.

Do you have any recommendation on how to fix that?

My system:
MBP 2012
OSX 10.10.5

Best,
Alex
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:22:12 PM by wizpig »

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
Re: Outcast 1.1 startup issue
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »
Hello what version of Outcast did you use did you use the GOG version if yes all you need to do is select the exe open the wrapper then click Advanced then were it says windows exe click browse navigate to the GOG dir and select the outcast.exe that should get your game to work i will test outcast myself to see if the problem is for everybody and the errors in the installer are excepted  :) :)

Richard

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
Hi Paul,
I am having the same issue as Alex.  I took your suggestion to browse to add a .exe file.  There are two in the Outcast folder (Outcast1.1.exe and OC1.1.exe)  Iíve tried entering both, but neither one will allow the game to launch.  I just keep getting the Wineskin error message that there are no new executables found.
Thanks for your help.

Richard

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 06:09:42 AM »
ahah i am not paul but i am a wsi dev what version of outcast ru you using gog or what please when i know that i should be able to fix for you also try redownloading the wrapper and trying again  :) :)

Richard

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »
I used the GOG version, Outcast 1.1.  I've also tried redownloading the wrapper, but got the same result.
Thanks again for your help with this.

Richard

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 07:27:47 AM »
Okay since i did not upload the wrapper Paul did i will ask him to fix the exe path and i will download and test for you  :) :)

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Journeyman Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:48:05 AM »
Outcast 1.1. doesnt work anymore. Thats why its changed in Portingkit to: "Outcast" alone. You need to download "outcast classic" under "goodies" on the right when selecting the game in the gog library. So do not download the 1.1 version (yeah I know its confusing, but there is no other way)

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:55:37 AM »