Author Topic: Silver msxml3 stuck  (Read 498 times)

leaverpool

Silver msxml3 stuck
« on: September 26, 2015, 03:26:59 PM »
Hello,

I知 looking to play Silver, bought it on GOG.com yesterday and trying to port it since yesterday night!

I tried with Wineskin first, I installed the game but I have a acces violation problem after the first scene (or during first loading it depends)

After downloading Porting kit, I知 actually trying to install it; But installation is stuck on Winetrick msxml3 part; I have seen a pop up, but disappeared after a second.

Am I doing something wrong?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Silver msxml3 stuck
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 04:13:36 AM »
Hello,

I知 looking to play Silver, bought it on GOG.com yesterday and trying to port it since yesterday night!

I tried with Wineskin first, I installed the game but I have a acces violation problem after the first scene (or during first loading it depends)

After downloading Porting kit, I知 actually trying to install it; But installation is stuck on Winetrick msxml3 part; I have seen a pop up, but disappeared after a second.

Am I doing something wrong?

Disappeared? That's strange. Are you sure that the installer window isn't behind PK window? Can you show us a print?

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »
I will test this for you and if this occurs i will try and fix it and upload to the porting kit  :) :)

leaverpool

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:16:33 PM »
Hum, yeah I値l try to screenshot that; I finally instal it after 4 hours of loading; But still the same problem as using wineskin only (acces violation).

And another problem was, directx window was stuck on the licence agreement page.

Maybe a problem with acces permission on my computer?

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 02:59:42 AM »
mmm well with the new GOG installers there is always errors at the end of installations but there is nothing to worry about is the game working?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 11:22:36 AM »
mmm well with the new GOG installers there is always errors at the end of installations but there is nothing to worry about is the game working?

He's saying that the DirectX installer is freezing. Some people seems to have permissions problems; I'm not sure about what can cause that.

Leaverpool, are you the administrator in your computer?

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 01:35:42 PM »
oo okay what version of osx are you using eg. mavericks Yosemite?

leaverpool

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 05:43:46 PM »
Yes I知 the administrator, it痴 Maverick 10.9.5 OS; Anyway it痴 really strange, I played it yesterday for about 15 minutes and then game crashed again for acces violation (on Chapter II - Rain)

No problem during these 15 minutes, I値l try a new install tonight, what is the safe process to uninstall?

Usually I just drop the folder on my bin, but maybe there is a better way to clean?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 02:13:53 AM »
Yes I知 the administrator, it痴 Maverick 10.9.5 OS; Anyway it痴 really strange, I played it yesterday for about 15 minutes and then game crashed again for acces violation (on Chapter II - Rain)

No problem during these 15 minutes, I値l try a new install tonight, what is the safe process to uninstall?

Usually I just drop the folder on my bin, but maybe there is a better way to clean?

Nope. Wineskin wrappers are exactly like Mac apps, so you just need to drop it on your bin.

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »
This Topic has been solved and is now locked