Author Topic: C&C Red Alert 2/Yuri’s Revenge  (Read 3832 times)

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
Re: C&C Red Alert 2/Yuri’s Revenge
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »
Okay that error means that it is trying to update your game.

By version i mean what is your game version is 1.0 2.0 1.0111 or what it should tell you in the installer

After you find your game version download a patch that matchs that version

Offline nmilner

• Gamer
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »
Not finding my game version. Sorry for being a “noob” at this but maybe you could help me out with how to find my version and a patch to match it.

Offline nmilner

• Gamer
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »
Ok I think I found the version. When I go into the game contents and go to the README.txt it says version 1.000

Offline nmilner

• Gamer
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »
Now I got it to work!!! Yay!

Thanks for all of your help!

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 12:42:03 AM »
So it was a problem with the patch?

Offline nmilner

• Gamer
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 01:42:37 AM »
Ya, apparently the patch was just the wrong version. Now to figure out playing online. Can I still play ranked matches and stuff or is that no longer available?

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 07:25:23 AM »
I don't think online is played by anybody any more but if people still do then the directplay winetrick is needed I will ask Paul to add it to the port if not already there  :) :)

Offline nmilner

• Gamer
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 10:04:44 PM »
Great! Hopefully it works, cause I’m pretty certain there are still people that play. Either RA2 or Yuri’s Revenge online would be awesome!

Offline nmilner

• Gamer
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 01:28:29 AM »
Any update? I’ve tried a few things with no luck yet

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 08:06:27 AM »
Okay since i didn't get to ask Paul all you need to do is right click on wrapper > then open wineskin.app > advanced > tools > winetricks > type directplay > then run and that should work for online :)

If this does not work i will try this http://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge for you and test myself then upload C&C Red Alert 2/Yuri’s Revenge online wsi

Offline nmilner

• Gamer
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »
For both regular RA2 and in Yuris Revenge I’m getting the same thing.

When I run the directplay it shows a message below that says “directplay already installed, skipping”

When I’m in the game and try to go to internet and anything in that menu it says “The Westwood online support library is either missing or invalid. Please reinstall the shared internet components from your CD.”

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 10:34:44 PM »
Its only saying that because only is not supported anymore im trying that link before now

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »
Okay sorry for not replying been on holidays but. I have tested this ( http://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge ) and also this for red alert ( http://cncnet.org/red-alert-2 ) online program for this and it has worked i have been addicted to this game for about 4 days  :) :).

All you need todo is install this all the information is supplied on the website. It will automatically detect your C&C installation and install but you have to change the EXE path to the online 1 but i will talk to Paul about updating the wrapper with a custom online EXE.

So you can either wait for Paul to update the wrapper or you can do this your self it's up to you buddy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:04:33 PM by 112madgamer »

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 04:47:48 AM »
Okay we are adding the Multiplayer addon to the wrapper soon but you can do it your self if you want

Offline dirtyharry50

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 09:33:44 PM »
So I was able to download and get Red Alert 2 to work but now I’m trying to get Yuri’s Revenge.

I’m following the direction under this link :

http://paulthetall.com/red-alert-2-mac/

No CD patch “Yuri's Revenge v1.001/ENGLISH [3.9 MB] NoCD Executable + Update” something isn’t going right. It says to open the .rar and inside will be two files “gamemd.exe” and “YURI.exe” however after I download and open the file the only thing my computer is showing is a “rpg-ra11.ace”.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

To open your .ace compressed file visit the Mac App Store and do a search for "The Unarchiver." This free utility can uncompress just about anything including many old formats. I just checked mine here and it will extract Ace format files. It's a great utility and the price sure is right.

I realized after posting this I am mighty late to the party here and see you got it working so that is good. In any event, I figure I'll leave my suggestion for this handy utility just the same. Gamers are always having to extract all kinds of various formats.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:37:38 PM by dirtyharry50 »