Author Topic: Anno 1701 & 1503 get a GOG release, would like to see a port  (Read 531 times)

Offline Stonelord Woodsman

• Gamer
Anno 1701 & 1503 get a GOG release, would like to see a port
« on: August 15, 2015, 11:05:13 AM »
So GOG.com has released all the classic Anno games all the sudden, 1503 and 1701 have appeared there as well, even better if you buy them in a combo pack, you'll get 40% discount until august 19.

So I saw that Paul made a port for 1602 right after it was released on GOG and I was seriously impressed that it only took just a few days.

Anno 1503 has a port in the PortingKit already, for the gamersgate version. Anno 1701 has no port yet. I prefer GOG.com, so I'd like to see a port for both, please. I wonder if Paul is already working on it as I'm saying this, making this post practically pointless.  :P

I'm a big fan of the Anno games and I'm sad they never saw an official mac release for any of them, good thing the PortingKit exists these days!  :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:28:23 PM by Stonelord Woodsman »

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Anno 1701 & 1503 get a GOG release, would like to see a port
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:17:31 PM »
So GOG.com has released all the classic Anno games all the sudden, 1503 and 1701 have appeared there as well, even better if you buy them in a combo pack, you'll get 40% discount until august 19.

So I saw that Paul made a port for 1602 right after it was released on GOG and I was seriously impressed that it only took just a few days.

Anno 1503 has a port in the PortingKit already, for the gamersgate version. Anno 1701 has no port yet. I prefer GOG.com, so I'd like to see a port for both, please. I wonder if Paul is already working on it as I'm saying this, making this post practically pointless.  :P

I'm a big fan of the Anno games and I'm sad they never saw an official mac release for any of them, good thing the PortingKit exists these days!  :)

We're are both working on that port (Anno 1701). Unfortunately, we are facing a bug which results in a wrapper which freezes on the game startup, forcing you to shutdown your Mac. I've made a successful port of it, but it just worked after switching the engines, so I don't know exactly what made it work. We are still trying to do add it to Porting Kit, but what I did (which should work) was:

1- Create a wrapper using the engine WS8WineCXG8.1.0
2- Install the game, DirectX9 (it will fail, but I've done it) and d3dx9
3- Add dbghelp has a library in winecfg and set it to enabled (Windows)
4- Change the engine to WS8Wine1.3.0
5- Refresh the wrapper
6- Change the engine to WS8WineCXG7.2.0
7- Refresh the wrapper
8- Change the engine to WS9Wine1.7.47
9- Refresh the wrapper

That was what I've done and it's working, but I seriously don't know why. If you create a WS9Wine1.7.47 wrapper directly, it won't work. If you try to run it with WS8WineCXG8.1.0 it will give an error. There is no other option, until now.

Offline Stonelord Woodsman

• Gamer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 04:57:24 PM »
Thanks for the info. I hope you can find the cause of the problem.

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Journeyman Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 11:17:41 AM »
Fixed and game is added in porting kit.