Author Topic: Red Alert 3 - Uprising: Crash when loading saved game or Restart mission  (Read 84 times)

Offline cboteros

• Gamer
Hello PK Team,

I’ve seen a repreated issue with “Red Alert 3 - Uprising”.

I can start the game without problem, and from the main menu I can go to: Campaign -> Load game    and load a saved game. So far that is good.

But… once I’m already in the campaign, if I decide to Restart the mission or if I decide to Load a saved game again, or even if I decide to Quit the current mission, the whole game closes and I’m sent to the Origin app.

In fact, this also happens after I finish a mission and click the “continue” button… instead of going to the next mission, the app just closes.

I have PK version 2.9.201

This happens constantly and it is quite annoying…

I was hoping that you could take a look. If you need help by getting logs to identify the issue let me know and I’ll be glad to help.

Best regards,

Carlos B.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:53:08 PM by cboteros »

Offline Coogie7

I am having the same issue. Anyone able to troubleshoot or has a fix? I used the Ultimate Edition serial as suggested by Porting Kit. Also, I used to have a port of this game a couple years ago and didn't have this issue. I think upgrading OS broke that old port, so I went with the Porting Kit version.

In case anyone asks, I do have Origin In Game turned off. I also tried turning off Cloud Saving with Origin, but it didn't fix the issue.

I do not encounter this issue with C & C 3: Tiberian Wars.

Wine logs attached.

Specs:
Generation: Late 2008
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Expert Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
We updated the engine, can you trash the wrapper and reinstall? Let me know how it works now.

Offline Coogie7

I'm encountering some issues with Origin, including loading cloud saves and crashing. I'll try some different approaches to see what works, but this might be a known issue or new one.

Offline Coogie7

Inconsistent behavior. Seems to be related to Origin. I can provide logs and recordings. What would be most helpful?

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Expert Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
both. thats the problem with game clients. They change all the time, and we depend on wine development. sometimes as for example the gog galaxy updates breaks gog galaxy and breaks gwent. or Steam we had multiple times already as for Uplay as for Origin, pff its so time consuming and miserable. We try ou best but takes so much time to maintain, so in those cases we ask to test and bring in logs to solve stuff as soon as possible.

Thanks.