Author Topic: Red Alert 2: "Main EXE of the port is missing"  (Read 16 times)

Offline Mad_Metroid

Red Alert 2: "Main EXE of the port is missing"
« on: February 17, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me out with a problem I've been having concerning the installation of Red Alert 2. I own the Windows-CD-Version composed of two different CDs (The Soviet and the Allies one). My question is: Can I even use this version as a source? If I do, which CD do I have to use? I "installed" the game from one of the CDs (although it didn't seem to me that Porting Kit actually did install it, not too sure); anyway the "Install" button changed into a "Play" button so I felt pretty confident. But now, whenever I press that button, PK tells me "Main EXE of the port is missing". I guess that means, it didn't actually install the game? Do you have any idea of what I could do to play Red Alert 2 using this "DOuble-CD-pack" via PK?

I thank you in advance for your help

Max

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Master Porter
Re: Red Alert 2: "Main EXE of the port is missing"
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:19:44 AM »
I own the Windows-CD-Version composed of two different CDs (The Soviet and the Allies one). My question is: Can I even use this version as a source?

Unfortunately, no. The version that we tried to make that port was the First Decade DVD version. I guess we can even add the dual-CD version to our Requests List, however, if I'm not wrong, I think Paul tried to port it some years ago but had problems with it copy protection system.