Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic 3  (Read 523 times)

Offline Caesar0587

Heroes of Might and Magic 3
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »
I purchased Heroes of Might and Magic 3 on GOG and used the port available on this site so my dad could play it (it's his favorite game) and while everything else seems to work fine, he says that twice now whenever he attempted to use his Angels to attack an enemy the game froze and then crashed, forcing him to restart the computer.

This is the model of computer he is using (the basic stuff in terms of memory and using an Intel Iris Pro graphics card.): https://support.apple.com/kb/SP687?locale=en_US

Again, this happened twice and I'm not sure how to get the error report, if one was made, or whether this was just a temporary issue, but I'd like to be sure.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Heroes of Might and Magic 3
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »
In order to find out what is causing this, you can Debug the app and send us the log files. To Debug a port, select it in your Porting Kit Local list and hold Shift. Now, the Play button should change it name to Debug. While holding Shift, press the Debug button and play the game normally. At the end, when the game crashes, use ⌘ + Q (or ⌥ + ⌘ + Q depending of the port) to force close it. You can also try ⌘ + Tab if it stop to respond completely, which is rare but can happen (that will minimize or resize the app, so you can close it with Finder).

After closing the app, Porting Kit will ask if you want to see the logs. Press yes, copy them and send to us, so we can help you ;)

Offline Caesar0587

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 02:42:11 AM »
Thank you very much.  ;D

I will follow said instructions on my father's computer soon as is convenient and then provide the bug report.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Thank you very much.  ;D

I will follow said instructions on my father's computer soon as is convenient and then provide the bug report.

Alright, we will be waiting ;)

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 11:43:08 PM »
This Topic has been solved and is now locked