Author Topic: Issue Installing Anno 2070 (incorrect checksum)  (Read 1079 times)

Offline SirGameALot

• Gamer
Issue Installing Anno 2070 (incorrect checksum)
« on: August 08, 2016, 01:03:34 AM »
When installing Anno 2070 I have had a few issues. first time installed it requested mono and gecko which I installed by mistake. At this point I tried to cancel the process, this did not work so I had to force quit. After that I tried to install the game again a few times. Each time the mono and gecko files were not requested (even after I deleted all the failed wrappers) and I was given an error talking about a incorrect checksum on the download of a win???? Drying the install of the wine tricks. The error message prompts me to download the file again. However, I was not sure what the error meant so I force quite the process each time to be sure not to download a malicious file. I have checked my Mac for viruses After and found none so I'm safe, I hope.... but, I'm still not sure why I'm getting this message and if it is ok to go ahead and download the file as requested.

Any help would be welcome.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Issue Installing Anno 2070 (incorrect checksum)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 04:00:29 AM »
When installing Anno 2070 I have had a few issues. first time installed it requested mono and gecko which I installed by mistake. At this point I tried to cancel the process, this did not work so I had to force quit. After that I tried to install the game again a few times. Each time the mono and gecko files were not requested (even after I deleted all the failed wrappers)

Answered you about that here.

I was given an error talking about a incorrect checksum on the download of a win???? Drying the install of the wine tricks. The error message prompts me to download the file again. However, I was not sure what the error meant so I force quite the process each time to be sure not to download a malicious file. I have checked my Mac for viruses After and found none so I'm safe, I hope.... but, I'm still not sure why I'm getting this message and if it is ok to go ahead and download the file as requested.

Any help would be welcome.

In the dialog, ask PK to try again. Some winetricks aren't available in the original link anyway; if you press to retry PK will try to get the file from the Web Archive instead, which works for most of the cases.

Offline SirGameALot

• Gamer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:25:37 AM »
Ok so when the message comes up saying the checksum does not match I chose the option to download again and that will look in your secure archive not somewhere random. I only ask because your own advice states to not use wrappers or wine tricks from unknown sources. I'm sorry if these are silly questions but I'm now to all this porting stuff and I'm being extra safe. ;)

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 03:13:52 PM »
Ok so when the message comes up saying the checksum does not match I chose the option to download again and that will look in your secure archive not somewhere random. I only ask because your own advice states to not use wrappers or wine tricks from unknown sources. I'm sorry if these are silly questions but I'm now to all this porting stuff and I'm being extra safe. ;)

It's not silly, don't worry ;)

It never downloads from somewhere random, it downloads from Wine recommended download links, however these links may stop to works, and in these cases it checks the internet backup, the Web Archive, where there are tons of copies of files and webpages from all the web, including these installers. In any of the cases the checksum is always checked ;)

Offline SirGameALot

• Gamer
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »
Ok so I just click download again and the checksum will be verified on the new file to make sure it is to correct one?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 04:37:50 PM »
Ok so I just click download again and the checksum will be verified on the new file to make sure it is to correct one?

Yup.