Author Topic: Thief Gold  (Read 376 times)

Offline BarrilBob

Thief Gold
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:32:52 PM »
Few seconds in the game (30~60 seconds) after some player input (mouse and keyboard) the game just freezes. No input works, background music still plays in the background. Refuses to close, also. If forced to quit in the task manager, the game closes but I'm unable to start it again unless I reboot it.

Also, as a minor issue, every time i bring up the menu or the map, the game pops to the desktop and pops back in into the menu (or game, depending on the order you are doing it).

Thanks for this app, I've found out about this today and made me very happy :)

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Thief Gold
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:51:13 AM »
Few seconds in the game (30~60 seconds) after some player input (mouse and keyboard) the game just freezes. No input works, background music still plays in the background.

I will foward that to Paul.

Refuses to close, also. If forced to quit in the task manager, the game closes but I'm unable to start it again unless I reboot it.

Sometimes Wineskin wrappers keep running in background even when the ported application has been closed. When that happens, the app can't be opened until the wrapper is completely closed. In order to close it completely, right click the game in PK and press Force Close.

Also, as a minor issue, every time i bring up the menu or the map, the game pops to the desktop and pops back in into the menu (or game, depending on the order you are doing it).

We gonna investigate that too.

Thanks for this app, I've found out about this today and made me very happy :)

Hehe, you're welcome :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:53:41 AM by vitormm »

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Journeyman Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 03:41:04 PM »
Wel well, looks like the exe path is changed and also the executable. I changed that and tested the game. I couldnt reproduce the issue, Map can be popped up and closed without any problems, and no freezes here.

Recheck the updated wrapper please and make sure you have the latest installer file of thief gold from GOG.com

Offline BarrilBob

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »
Hey,

Thanks for the quick responses, unfortunately I only could reply to you today. I also had to change the exe path, yes. I double checked my GOG.com version and the updated wrapper, and the same problem happens. I've uploaded a video with the problems, and system specs aswell. It's available now: https://youtu.be/9FSBC2tqNcw

The key moments in the video are:

00:02 - System Specs;
01:06 - Opening Map. Opening Menu with 'Esc' leads to the same problem;
02:45 - Freeze.

Thank you for your support!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:56:08 PM by BarrilBob »

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 02:17:20 PM »
Just a note about closing the app: in case you find yourself in a situation where the app doesn't close but right clicking and pressing Quit, go to PK, press the More button and press Force Close. It will immediately close the port  ;)

Offline BarrilBob

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »
Thanks for the tip! :) Still struggling with this, tho :(

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Journeyman Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 06:06:25 AM »
Thats very odd, I played about 10 minutes without issues, I didnt play training though. I also have no window change when selecting a map...Can you check if you have mac driver turned on clicking "more" -->  Wineskin tools "launch wineskin" --> screensettings and select the macdriver select box. and try again.

Offline BarrilBob

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 02:07:23 AM »
Hey!

So, I've tested what you've suggested with no success, the game runs the same as recorded in the video. No problem tho, I'm actually playing some Neverwinter Nights instead, also using porting kit with no issues.

I'll try it sometime in the future. Thanks for the support! :)