Author Topic: Problem with installing Oblivion on Mac  (Read 325 times)

Offline ag98

Problem with installing Oblivion on Mac
« on: June 20, 2019, 12:10:20 AM »
Hi,

I've been trying to install Oblivion on my Mac but every time I try, a message pops up saying "Your port engine (Ws9Wine2.3) seems to be unavailable at the download source and don't contains a custom link. Do you have the custom engine download link?" I found another post about this on this forum and an administrator said that it's caused by instability with the server, however in my case it has been over a week and this is still happening. I also know someone else who already has Oblivion installed with the porting kit. Is there any way that they can just send me this file that I need?

Thank you

Offline couslands

Re: Problem with installing Oblivion on Mac
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 04:16:26 AM »
Did you ever manage to get this sorted out? I have the same issue when the wrapper just won't download.

Offline ag98

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 12:03:26 AM »
No, not yet.... Still waiting to hear back. Let me know if you hear from anyone about it. Is there anywhere else I can go to ask for help?

Offline Gcenx

• Porter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 05:36:14 PM »
When trying to use the port select “custom” and pick a different Engine like WS9Wine2.4-3
The issue is lightly due to the integration of EngineRepacking2 from Wineskin into PortingKit as Wine-2.3 isn’t available from Winehq. Wine-2.3 was previously available from doh123 I guess no exception was added to instead download from doh123 server.

If you really want wine-2.3 it could be downloaded by using “Wineskin Winery” from doh123 then PortingKit can use the provided Engine directly.

Offline ag98

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 03:16:52 PM »
Thank you! That mostly makes sense to me as a newbie to the porting kit/wineskin world - quick question, though, I have a friend who installed Oblivion with Porting Kit and it plays well on his Mac, so I'm wondering if I should make sure to use whichever engine he's using. Does the engine potentially affect gameplay/bugs? If so, any idea where on his Mac he would find the file (so he can send to me)? He tried searching for it, but couldn't find it.