Author Topic: Skyrim Special Edition is only option on Steam, but does not work on Porting Kit  (Read 988 times)

Offline dougiebear

The Skyrim page on Porting Kit says:

"It was tested using ďThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary EditionĒ, but it should work with any Skyrim version."

The Legendary Edition can no longer be purchased on Steam, however, as only the Special Edition is offered. If you try to start up the Special Edition, you will get the error: "The game you are installing requires a 64bit version of Windows." Can we update the Porting Kit description to note this? Just had my hopes dashed  :-[

Is there any way to still acquire the legendary edition, maybe by purchasing a CD-key and trying to add that to Steam or something?

http://portingkit.com/game/531
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:38:11 PM by dougiebear »

Offline dougiebear

If anyone else runs into this issue, I was able to buy a CD Key for the Legendary Edition online on g2a.com and then register that through Steam and it works! Steam refunded my Special Edition purchase as well.

The game description on Porting Kit should still be updated to reflect that the Special Edition doesn't work, however.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
I had no idea that the Legendary Edition had been removed from the Steam catalog. I've just fixed the game description.

You can still buy the Legendary Edition in Kinguin as well, in the source link available when you press the Steam icon in the Porting Kit ;)

Offline dougiebear

Thanks vitormm, for this and Porting Kit as a whole :)

Offline elku666

Mac gaming newbie here... So, I accidentally bought the Special Edition on Steam and only then learned that only the Legendary Edition will work with Porting Kit.

What are my options now? Is there still a way to acquire the Legendary Edition so that it will work with Porting Kit? I can see that it's seemingly available in many places online, but would it work (and how?) with Porting Kit if I just download it from one of those sources?

Couple of posts earlier someone had bought the CD key elsewhere and then registered it on Steam, would this work? Or is there an alternative to Steam?

If any of this sounds stupid please don't shoot me, I literally have never used Steam or done any gaming on Mac.  :)

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Offline Gcenx

• Gamer
Mac gaming newbie here... So, I accidentally bought the Special Edition on Steam and only then learned that only the Legendary Edition will work with Porting Kit.

What are my options now? Is there still a way to acquire the Legendary Edition so that it will work with Porting Kit? I can see that it's seemingly available in many places online, but would it work (and how?) with Porting Kit if I just download it from one of those sources?

Couple of posts earlier someone had bought the CD key elsewhere and then registered it on Steam, would this work? Or is there an alternative to Steam?

If any of this sounds stupid please don't shoot me, I literally have never used Steam or done any gaming on Mac.  :)

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Paul and Vitor donít support piracy, you can purchase a steam CD key from Kingwin, thatís where I git mine from.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter

Cer12

It is still possible to find skyrim LE on steam, it just doesn't show up. Here's a link:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/

Offline Gcenx

• Gamer
It is still possible to find skyrim LE on steam, it just doesn't show up. Here's a link:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/

Iím saving that link just incase it comes up again thanks, maybe Paul can add the link into the guide thatís viewed within PortingKit that should save some headaches