Author Topic: No music in Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 207 times)

Ian

No music in Fallout: New Vegas
« on: May 14, 2019, 08:50:27 PM »
Upon launching new vegas from porting kit, the game launcher starts up just fine and there is the audio from the launcher itself, but when starting the actual game, there is no music. The rest of the game sounds work fine, just not any music. This includes the main menu music, radio and ambient/combat music. The game uses OGG files for sounds and MP3 for music. Could this have something to do with it? Besides this issue the game runs fine. Running on a 2015 Mac Book Pro on OS 10.14.4 Mojave.

Offline Gcenx

• Porter
Re: No music in Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 05:16:48 PM »
Iím not sure on the script used to build the port but if itís lacking a winetricks go enable mp3 playback then yes that would be the problem since the Winehq releases (thatís now used almost exclusively in PortongKit) are not compiled with mpg123 support.

I believe the winetrick that contains mp3 support is ffdshow

Offline jeanquilt

Re: No music in Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 06:02:00 PM »
I was having the same problem as OP.

Iím not sure on the script used to build the port but if itís lacking a winetricks go enable mp3 playback then yes that would be the problem since the Winehq releases (thatís now used almost exclusively in PortongKit) are not compiled with mpg123 support.

I believe the winetrick that contains mp3 support is ffdshow

I installed the winetricks wmd10 and allcodecs into my porting kit wrapper for FNV. Music works as intended now. not sure which winetrick did the job, though.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 06:32:58 PM by jeanquilt »