Author Topic: Planetside 2 Launcher Issues  (Read 1461 times)

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
Planetside 2 Launcher Issues
« on: March 06, 2016, 01:01:34 PM »
Hello to all of you Porting-Brains, first of all I want to say thank you so much for your work! But I got a really annoying bug problem with the steambuild1bx11. I tried every port, wine, winebottler etc. but most times there was a problem opening the exe. file. So I tried the Steambuild from PaulTheTall because I wanted to play Planetside 2 really bad. It downloaded everything just fine, but when I started the launcher it looked like this and nothing worked:

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
Re: Planetside 2 Launcher Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 01:07:16 PM »
Sorry if I forgot some Details, I’m a completly noob. Just ask and I will post them :)

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »
Also, I keep on getting the notification: The program steamwebhelper.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. Here is the report:

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
That's strange... I mean steamwebhelper is a known bug, but it should never appear or interfere since all the Steam ports now have nocrashdialog installed by default. Which version of the Porting Kit are you using?

I would request debug informations, but the problem seems to be that you are using the wrong Steambuild. I don't know exactly which Steambuild should be used for that game, but there are still 7 options to go xD

I will ask Paul if he remembers which one should be used, but if you don't want to wait you can test them ;)

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 04:06:15 PM »
Ah Cheers Mate, I’ll try it out and if I do have success I will post here which one it was, I promise. Porting Kit is 1.9.76 and Steambuild1bx11 doesn’t actually say which version it is when I click "about“. But I might just be too dumb to find the right spot where it tells you which version it is. As I said, I’m a noob.  ;D

But when I finished downloading that stuff, is there a way that I dont have to download Planetside 2 again? I mean, I could download 10GB 7 times but… I just really don’t want to do that  :o

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 04:12:37 PM »
And maybe I messed that up with the error notification. When I tried Steambuild the first time, it didn’t work because it was unable to activate the corestuffthingy… you know what I mean. I hope. So I looked up in the Internet how to fix that. Rebooted my Mac, pressed cmd+r and typed some stuff in the Terminal. rebooted again and at least steambuild started. But also get these notifications. Might that be caused by my reboot and Terminal stuff?? And sorry for my bad english.

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 04:19:26 PM »
Well there seems to be a download-limit at filefactory… so forget what I said about testing them all. BUT I SHALL TRY STEAM BUILD1!!!  8)

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 04:21:05 PM »
Ah Cheers Mate, I’ll try it out and if I do have success I will post here which one it was, I promise. Porting Kit is 1.9.76 and Steambuild1bx11 doesn’t actually say which version it is when I click "about“. But I might just be too dumb to find the right spot where it tells you which version it is. As I said, I’m a noob.  ;D

But when I finished downloading that stuff, is there a way that I dont have to download Planetside 2 again? I mean, I could download 10GB 7 times but… I just really don’t want to do that  :o

1.9.76 is the version I was talking about  ;D

I think you can move the Steam folder from inside the wrapper, but I don't know if that's going to work for sure. Usually I download a game multiple times in my tests :P

Paul said that this test was done a long time ago so the game might not work anymore due to its updates, but he think it was Steambuild 1 or Steambuild 2 in that time ;)

And maybe I messed that up with the error notification. When I tried Steambuild the first time, it didn’t work because it was unable to activate the corestuffthingy… you know what I mean. I hope. So I looked up in the Internet how to fix that. Rebooted my Mac, pressed cmd+r and typed some stuff in the Terminal. rebooted again and at least steambuild started. But also get these notifications. Might that be caused by my reboot and Terminal stuff?? And sorry for my bad english.

Oh oh... you shouldn't have done that. You probably disabled rootless, which is an Apple security measure. Porting Kit is already adapted to update old ports and make them work with rootless enabled. Disabling rootless is unsafe and create exploits so you computer becomes easier to damage in case a hacker or virus invade it.

But which error notification are you talking about?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 04:25:43 PM »
Well there seems to be a download-limit at filefactory… so forget what I said about testing them all. BUT I SHALL TRY STEAM BUILD1!!!  8)

You should download the Steambuild from the Porting Kit, not from FileFactory :P

You won't have the core services problem if you download it from the Porting Kit.

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 05:18:07 PM »

1.9.76 is the version I was talking about  ;D

Paul said that this test was done a long time ago so the game might not work anymore due to its updates, but he think it was Steambuild 1 or Steambuild 2 in that time ;)

Oh oh... you shouldn't have done that. You probably disabled rootless, which is an Apple security measure. Porting Kit is already adapted to update old ports and make them work with rootless enabled. Disabling rootless is unsafe and create exploits so you computer becomes easier to damage in case a hacker or virus invade it.

But which error notification are you talking about?

So that’s the newest version?

Well in that case I will try both of them and post the results here the next days.

Yeah, I’m aware of that. But I think it won’t be a problem to turn it back on. But man, I want(ed) to play PS2 badly  ::)  so I didn’t mind about that too much.

I’m talking about the steamwebhelper.exe ''serious problem’’ notification

Turned it back on, just typed csrutil enable...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:26:21 PM by JokerGregor »

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 05:38:40 PM »

You should download the Steambuild from the Porting Kit, not from FileFactory :P

You won't have the core services problem if you download it from the Porting Kit.

Well I just tried: Wineskin Master Wrapper download failed!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :’(

Edit: Tried all of them. Always had the same problem. God doesn’t want me to play PS2… ha… ha… ha…  :'(
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:43:02 PM by JokerGregor »

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 05:45:30 PM »

Well I just tried: Wineskin Master Wrapper download failed!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :’(

Edit: Tried all of them. Always had the same problem. God doesn’t want me to play PS2… ha… ha… ha…  :'(

Planetside 2 is in our Requests List. Maybe none of our Steambuilds is capable of running it at the moment, but we gonna port it in the future ;)

Did you solved the Wineskin Master Wrapper download failure or you tried the ones from FileFactory?

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »

Planetside 2 is in our Requests List. Maybe none of our Steambuilds is capable of running it at the moment, but we gonna port it in the future ;)

Did you solved the Wineskin Master Wrapper download failure or you tried the ones from FileFactory?

Is it? Ouh sorry, my bad. Didn’t see it there.

Nah, couldn’t fix it. I just know some basics with a lot of help from the internet about computers etc. Interesting is indeed, that after I turned the csrutil back on, the Steambuild1X11 doesn’t has the problem with the corestartingthingy anymore. So I’m proud as &%!§ that I legitly solved one problem. Even if that doesn’t help anyone or anything.  ;D

Offline JokerGregor

• Gamer
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 05:59:59 PM »

Did you tried the ones from FileFactory?

I started downloading Steambuild1 but then you said, if I download it from here (The Porting Kit Application) it won’t have the steamwebhelper.exe problem. So I stopped the download. Doing it now AGAIN. So I will try to get the already downloaded 10GB of content from Steambuild1x11 to Steambuild1 when its finished downloading (1h and 37min!!!).

&!§& me dead. It’s not a good day.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 08:49:45 PM »
Try to open the Porting Kit again. It should try to update the Wineskin Master Wrapper. Do it after that try of course :P