Author Topic: Issue with Patrician III  (Read 181 times)

Offline gerss28

Issue with Patrician III
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:50:48 PM »
Hi all, I have a issue with Patrician III. When I try to change the screen resolution at 1280x1024 the game crashes back to the desktop (appear a window with a error message). Also I have the same problem when in a city in the game is raining. Appear the error: "SetDisplayMode failed" and "Der eingestellte Grafikmodus ist ungültig. Bitte starten Sie GFXTEST erneut!".

With the screen resolution really I don't have problem because I don't use 1280x1024 but with the rain is a serious problem because I can't play 10 minutes consecutive until the game crashes.

I don't know if the problem is related with my operative system. It's a OS X "The Captain" 10.11.4.

If it possible fix this problem it would be great because it's really impossible play the game in these conditions.

Thanks.

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Journeyman Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
Re: Issue with Patrician III
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
Thats wierd, is there a setting where you can turn off weather? Secondly can you do a debugrun to reproduce the error so I can check in the wineskin logs what is causing it?
You can do a debug depending which portingkit version you use. When pre 2.0 in local tab press shift and then "debug" or after 2.0 in the "more" --> debug and reproduce the error and sent me the log files (paulthetall@portingkit.com)

Offline gerss28

Re: Issue with Patrician III
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:15:38 PM »
Thank you for resolving the problem, now I don't have this issue with Patrician III.