Author Topic: Red Alert 2  (Read 40 times)

sssss

Red Alert 2
« on: February 09, 2019, 06:06:37 PM »
Hi,

Been trying for a few weeks to download RA2 but still no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Porting Kit and Origin loads of times and used every combination I can think of. I have seen the new video of how to download and follow it but I always get Error: Access denied when it gets to the installing Origin bit.

I've downloaded Red Alert no problem and played that for a long time but never get anywhere with RA2.

Using Mac OS 10.12.2.

(One time I got passed this stage then logged in and downloaded from Origin as it shows on the video, turned off In Game Origin, pressed play but the game wouldn't launch, it would only come up with Wineskin Explorer.
 I pressed on the launcher file but it would only come up with another wineskin explorer.

Please help if anyone knows how,
Thanks

sssss

Re: Red Alert 2
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:41:01 PM »
To follow up...

I get the Error: Access denied. (The pop up messages looks like a Windows style box).
The next message that comes up (whilst its still installing Origin) says 'Error Something wrong happened while installing Origin (Apple style pop up box).  Do you want to perform the installation manually by selecting an installer?'
If I click yes then a finder window opens saying 'select the installer.' I have no idea where to go from there.
If I click no an Apple style pop up box says 'Error. You didnt installed OriginSetup.exe, which is needed by Origin. Do you want to continue anyway?
If I click no it carrys on configuring wrapper and goes onto Downloading extra file Origin installer.
Origin then pops up, I click it away.
It says download complete. I click play.
Then Origin appears, I log in.
Click on download Command and Conquer the ultimate collection.
It downloads.
I click on turn off Enable Origin in game.
Click play.
Then Wine Explorer pops up in a window style box.
I have tried clicking on Launcher.exe but then nothing happens, just 2 exec boxes appear in my dock with the same Wine Explorer box.
Thats as far as I can get!

Thanks for any help anyone can give as itching to play RA2 after buying it in Sept and trying since then to get it working!

sssss

Re: Red Alert 2
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 08:35:31 PM »
To add again...

When it asks if I want to continue anyway and I click yes, then it continues downloading.
Origin never pops up so I don't need to click it away.
The download completes. I click play.
Origin appears so I download, it then comes up with a windows style box and says 'Unable to Install Origin. Origin can only be installed on computers running Windows 7 or later. You'll need to upgrade your operating system or download a compatible version of our client at www.origin.com/download.

And that leaves me stumped with where to go from here. I have searched this forum and the net for answers but get nowhere.

Anyone any pointers at all?

nanelsiko

hello i am new user of this website
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:21:55 PM »
hmm. can i help with it? or not? please write PW.