Author Topic: Possible bugs in Version 2.9 (2.9.596)?  (Read 418 times)

Offline Atecheka

• Gamer
Possible bugs in Version 2.9 (2.9.596)?
« on: February 07, 2019, 07:36:54 PM »
Hi all.

I installed yesterday the updated version of PortingKit (2.9.596) and I bumped into two things that I haven't seen with all the previous versions I've used so far.

First thing, in the "Server" part of the Library tab I no longer visualize the number of the pages at the bottom. Basically, if I wanna visualize a greater number of available videogames I either gotta make the icon size smaller or simply use the search field. What happened?

Second thing, after opening PortingKit following the upgrade to Version 2.9 (2.9.596), I got a pop up message stating the following: "Medal of Honor Warchest isnít optimized for your Mac and must be updated. The software wonít be working with future macOS versions and it must be updated in order to improve the compatibility. For further info, add the developer".
I installed this game on PortingKit when I was using the last version before 2.9.596 and never got such a message. Does it have to do with PortingKit or my Mac?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Offline Gcenx

• Porter
Re: Possible bugs in Version 2.9 (2.9.596)?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 02:05:31 AM »
I got a pop up message stating the following: "Medal of Honor Warchest isnít optimized for your Mac and must be updated. The software wonít be working with future macOS versions and it must be updated in order to improve the compatibility. For further info, add the developer".
I installed this game on PortingKit when I was using the last version before 2.9.596 and never got such a message. Does it have to do with PortingKit or my Mac?

That is an error message form macOS, that's because the application is 32bit and the next macOS version after Mojave will have no 32bit support.

If you stay on Mojave/High Sierra or lower then this will not affect you, that error is more Apple trying to pre-warn users that the software being used will no longer function in later macOS versions.

Offline Atecheka

• Gamer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
Understood. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Will PortingKit be updated according to this change? Itíd suck to not be able to play all these games anymore.

Offline Gcenx

• Porter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:48:26 PM »
Understood. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Will PortingKit be updated according to this change? Itíd suck to not be able to play all these games anymore.

The problem here is wine not PortingKit, once CodeWeaver/Winehq release a working version of wine that runs as 64Bit only then PortingKit can be updated to support that.

Offline Franciscus

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »
I asked Crossover about the future when Apple moves to 64 bits only, here (https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;msg=212891)

The relevant part of the answer is:

On the 32-bit side, I don't think I can give you much technical details, but I can say that it's something we're very actively working on, and we have good hope that we'll be able to make it work before Apple moves to exclusively 64-bit.

Let's hope so, otherwise all 32-bits games and other programs will simply cease to function under OSx, and Crossover, PortingKit, etc will become useless...

Offline Atecheka

• Gamer
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 03:56:18 PM »
Well, Iím glad to hear theyíre working on it  :D Thanks for the info!

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 10:11:03 PM »
About the other problem:

First thing, in the "Server" part of the Library tab I no longer visualize the number of the pages at the bottom. Basically, if I wanna visualize a greater number of available videogames I either gotta make the icon size smaller or simply use the search field. What happened?

Fixed it yesterday :)

Offline Atecheka

• Gamer
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 07:11:23 PM »
Just noticed. Thanks for fixing it!