Author Topic: Fallout 3 won’t load … sometimes  (Read 49 times)

AnnaE

Fallout 3 won’t load … sometimes
« on: February 04, 2019, 11:32:14 PM »
I’m completely knew to the world of porting.

I recently downloaded PK to play Fallout 3 through Steam; however, when I click on the game, either in PK or via the icon in the Launch Pad, it doesn’t load or takes forever to load.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Offline Atecheka

• Gamer
Re: Fallout 3 won’t load … sometimes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 05:25:42 PM »
Hi Anna,

Try post this in the "Ports Discussions" session. It seems more appropriate for the topic, plus it's checked out often  :)

Anyway, I have a similar issue with Medal of Honor Allied Assault and when I click on its icon on PK I get an error message saying "The main EXE of the port is missing!". However, I sort this out by right click on the icon, select "Open C: Drive" and looking for the game (the .exe file) in the folders you visualize.

I had this issue with Tomb Raider III as well and it was caused by an outdated version of the game I had (sorted it out by downloading the updated one from GOG). Dunno if that's your problem as well, but hope you can sort it out. Anyway, I'm not an expert on such matters, so I recommend posting this on the section I've mentioned above.

AnnaE

Re: Fallout 3 won’t load … sometimes
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:13:42 AM »
Hey, Thanks.

I figured out that I can just run “steam.exe” from the task manager to get steam to launch and work from there.

Thank you for your help all the same.