Author Topic: Diablo 2 Black Screen  (Read 94 times)

Offline Darkmore

Diablo 2 Black Screen
« on: January 31, 2019, 07:24:41 AM »
Hey everyone, I installed the windows version of diablo 2 (havent even gotten to LOD yet) on my 2018 macbook pro running mac os mojave. The game installed and starts up, but instead of going to the menu screen I just get a black screen (with sound). Below is what pops up when i run the debug in porting kit. I just copied the top and bottom portions of the log as it was very long with what looked to be the same error repeated. Just a forewarning I am a complete noob with this stuff so I have close to no clue what I am doing. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 3.9 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
err:display:macdrv_ChangeDisplaySettingWooHoo No matching mode found 1680x1050x32 @60!
err:d3d:wined3d_check_gl_call >>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from extension detection @ ../../../wine/dlls/wined3d/directx.c / 4310.
fixme:ddraw:ddraw_surface7_Flip Ignoring flags 0x1.
fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.
err:d3d:wined3d_check_gl_call >>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from Loading numbered arrays @ ../../../wine/dlls/wined3d/context.c / 5605.
@ ../../../wine/dlls/wined3d/context.c / 4377.
err:d3d:wined3d_check_gl_call >>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glDrawArrays @ ../../../wine/dlls/wined3d/context.c / 4377.
err:d3d:wined3d_check_gl_call >>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glDrawArrays @ ../../../wine/dlls/wined3d/context.c / 4377.
err:d3d:wined3d_set_adapter_display_mode Failed to read mode from registry.
err:d3d:wined3d_swapchain_activate Failed to set display mode.
err:display:macdrv_ChangeDisplaySettingWooHoo Default mode not found!
err:ddraw:ddraw_set_cooperative_level RestoreDisplayMode failed
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x703164d0 at address 0x69c1e71a (thread 0029), starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg --auto 34 68") (1115)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

Offline Gcenx

• Gamer
Re: Diablo 2 Black Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 01:33:33 AM »
Use wine 4.0, wine 3.9 has issues with Diablo2 unless you force it to use DirectDraw.

Scratch that use Wine 4.1, seems Wine 4.0 was giving some other issues if using Direct3D or the Glide wrapper.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:18:02 AM by Gcenx »