Author Topic: No NPC Voices or Music with WS10WineCX8.1.0 (Skyrim)  (Read 24 times)

Cer12

No NPC Voices or Music with WS10WineCX8.1.0 (Skyrim)
« on: January 13, 2019, 02:11:00 AM »
Just making a new topic about this - with updating the wrapper and using the unofficial one to access the store, some of the in-game sounds aren't present. I believe it is something to do with the wrapper changing, because this problem didn't exist with the former earlier version, and I did a clean reinstall of both to verify. The problem was there from the getgo with just vanilla skyrim, so it wouldn't be a mod or skse thing. I also made sure there were no changes to the game's .ini files, and I also tested a music replacement mod to see if it was just the sound file itself being corrupted (which had no effect leading aka the files are fine). Anyways, all ideas are welcome!

Cer12

Re: No NPC Voices or Music with WS10WineCX8.1.0 (Skyrim)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 12:42:16 AM »
Ok I think I got it all sorted out - Installed xact with winetricks which seems to have solved the problem

Offline Gcenx

• Gamer
Re: No NPC Voices or Music with WS10WineCX8.1.0 (Skyrim)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »
As you have discovered xact is a requirement for some audio within Skyrim thatís not a wrapper problem as PortingKit would normally handle these items without you even knowing.

On newer wine staging builds itís possible to use Skyrim without any workarounds but I donít have those avalaible for direct download for now as Iím still working out some other bugs, so those are not available within PortingKit for that reason.

WS10WineCX18.1.0 is only available as itís the only engine with working Steam store at present and I know a lot of users wanted Steam store access.