Author Topic: Steam Store still not working  (Read 247 times)

Cer12

Steam Store still not working
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:40:30 PM »
I followed the instructions for the new update about windows 7, and because I need to access the steam store (for SKSE), I followed the instructions to use the unofficial wrapper. However, the steam store is still black for me. Anyone have any fixes?

Offline Gcenx

• Porter
Re: Steam Store still not working
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 02:32:44 PM »
I followed the instructions for the new update about windows 7, and because I need to access the steam store (for SKSE), I followed the instructions to use the unofficial wrapper. However, the steam store is still black for me. Anyone have any fixes?

To use the Steam Store using Unofficial requires the following;
  • macOS 10.9 or higher.
  • WS10WineCX18.1.0
  • No Steam exe files set as winxp under Winecfg
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:59:32 AM by Gcenx »

Cer12

Re: Steam Store still not working
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 04:36:00 PM »
Thanks so much! Changing the wine version solved it.

Cer12

Sound problem from wrapper update
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 07:26:29 PM »
Odd side effect though from this - now there are no npc voices and no music. All the other sound effects are fine, and I have no mods installed currently. I tried reinstalling it a couple times, but when I use the newer wrapper it for some reason has that effect

Offline Gcenx

• Porter
Re: Sound problem from wrapper update
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 03:16:26 PM »
Odd side effect though from this - now there are no npc voices and no music. All the other sound effects are fine, and I have no mods installed currently. I tried reinstalling it a couple times, but when I use the newer wrapper it for some reason has that effect

Skyrim requires xact to be installed in most cases and PortingKit usually handles all of those thing but custom ports itís up to the user to install any require winetricks