Author Topic: Problem installing Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete (GOG) - works on CrossOver  (Read 90 times)

Offline blackjack

Hi all,

I' ve tried a few times now to use porting kit to install NWN2 Complete (purchased from GOG). 

Version of NWN2 is is 2.2.0.10.
Portingkit version 2.9.613

It says the installation is complete but in the actual installation progress window it is hung.  Looks like it can't find the .exe (see error screenshot) when I select run game from the menu.

The game installs and runs fine on crossover (using a trial version). 

It's the only game I want to run so paying $60/year for crossover seemed like a bad solution.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:57:38 PM by blackjack »

Offline Gcenx

• Porter
Iím guessing your using a provided port, instead try making a custom port and installing the game that way instead.

It seems strange to me that itís trying to install DirectX from a folder inside of temp as usually the GOG packages that required DirectX have the setup bundled with the installer that or it didnít correctly unpack the DirectX setup files.

Offline blackjack

Thank you!
I was using the provided port.  I did a custom install - wasn't really sure what I was doing.  Tried it with the 64 bit wine engine first and that didn't load but I selected the wine engine right below that and it did!

Got a runtime error at end of install (I did on CrossOver as well) and game crashed the first time I ran it (after character selection while loading first campaign).  Second time I tried it it all seems to be working so we'll see how stable it is :)

Thanks again!