Author Topic: Can't access Workshop, Community or Store within Steam Port  (Read 15 times)

Offline pasco123

Can't access Workshop, Community or Store within Steam Port
« on: December 07, 2018, 12:12:21 AM »
Basically, I want to download Skyrim mods through the Steam Workshop however, whenever I press community, store or anything else aside from Library I can see the "url" bar trying to connect to the destination and a loading sign at the side (which disappears after a few seconds) and then my steam window "freezes" .

I put "freezes" in quotation marks because if I press library everything returns to normal and I can even launch Skyrim. Furthermore, sometimes (not always, I really don't get it) the "url" bar will turn red and a symbol indicating inability to connect appears. 

Anyone have any idea what is causing the problem and/or how to fix it?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Can't access Workshop, Community or Store within Steam Port
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:06:48 PM »
The only way to properly fix it is using the unnoficial Wineskin wrappers to install the port. We gonna include that as a builtin option in the future, but for now it needs to be done manually by downloading the unnoficial Wineskin Winery, updating the master wrapper, going to PK Preferences and disabling the Master Wrapper integrity check.