Author Topic: The Wine Prefix Creation failed! Populous 3  (Read 351 times)

Offline HollowStrike

The Wine Prefix Creation failed! Populous 3
« on: February 06, 2016, 02:30:26 AM »
Dear Porting Kit team,

I got some weird error when i try to install Populous 3, i have read the discription description carefully and i have bought the game. I also put the .exe setup file from GOG.com in my root folder.

Screen picture of the error:

Anyone know how i can fix this?

Cheers,
HollowStrike

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Master Porter
Re: The Wine Prefix Creation failed! Populous 3
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:57:58 AM »
Dear Porting Kit team,

I got some weird error when i try to install Populous 3, i have read the discription description carefully and i have bought the game. I also put the .exe setup file from GOG.com in my root folder.

Screen picture of the error:

Anyone know how i can fix this?

Cheers,
HollowStrike

You should put the exe installer in your Downloads folder, not in the root folder, but that's not the reason of the problem.

Firstly, remove the files inside that folder and see if it works now (don't do anything else while the wrapper is being created):
~/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Wrapper

If that doesn't work, open Porting Kit, go to Porting Kit -> Preferences and uncheck the box "Automatically save ports in the first folder of the list". Try to create the port again, but this time save it in your Desktop.

If even now it isn't working, download Wineskin Winery and try to create a wrapper, in order to check if the problem is in your computer or in Porting Kit.

Offline HollowStrike

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 05:20:59 AM »
You should put the exe installer in your Downloads folder, not in the root folder, but that's not the reason of the problem.

Firstly, remove the files inside that folder and see if it works now (don't do anything else while the wrapper is being created):
~/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Wrapper

If that doesn't work, open Porting Kit, go to Porting Kit -> Preferences and uncheck the box "Automatically save ports in the first folder of the list". Try to create the port again, but this time save it in your Desktop.

If even now it isn't working, download Wineskin Winery and try to create a wrapper, in order to check if the problem is in your computer or in Porting Kit.

I did the 3 steps and the last one with the Wineskin Winery was a succes. But still i am getting the error when i use Porting Kit, any other solutions?

Dillpops

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »
Iím having the same issue installing Dredd v. Death. Any other advice? (I am able to create a wrapper using Wineskin).

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Master Porter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 11:06:24 PM »
Fixed that bug in the latest version of the Porting Kit. Update it and it should work now.