Author Topic: Runtime error installation Anno1404  (Read 740 times)

Offline ljrrs

Runtime error installation Anno1404
« on: February 02, 2016, 10:41:37 AM »
I have some problems with Anno 1404. I downloaded te setups from gog.com than I downloaden the wrapper in PortingKit. When I did the installation an error occurred saying: Runtime ERROR. After that.. Installation Succesfull. When I want to play the game, my macbook freezes when i try to launch it and I need to reboot the computer. What did I do wrong? Can anybody help me out here?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Runtime error installation Anno1404
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »
Which is your video card? That error gave any useful information or it was empty?

Offline rocking.dude

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
I have a very similar problem, with Anno 1404.
At the end of the installation process, I get the same error:

Runtime Error (at 69:445)
:

After that, the portingkit confirms the installation. When I start the game, it opens up a window with a white background and the hourglass of Anno 1404. Then nothing else happens.

I'm using a Late 2013 MacbookPro 13" with an Intel Iris 1536 MB on the latest OS "El Capitan"

Thank you guys in advance for any help and advice!

Offline rocking.dude

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49:18 AM »
I have a very similar problem, with Anno 1404.
At the end of the installation process, I get the same error:

Runtime Error (at 69:445)
:

After that, the portingkit confirms the installation. When I start the game, it opens up a window with a white background and the hourglass of Anno 1404. Then nothing else happens.

I'm using a Late 2013 MacbookPro 13" with an Intel Iris 1536 MB on the latest OS "El Capitan"

Thank you guys in advance for any help and advice!

Ok, I just solved the Problem myself: "Little Snitch" blocked the request to connect to the network... Easy fix.

Thank you guys very much for this amazing opportunity to play windows games on mac!!

artnoveau

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 12:06:24 AM »
I have the same problem - downloaded Ann 1404 from gog.com.
It comes with three files - the .exe and two .bin. If I try to extract them I always get an error.

And when I try to set it up with Porting Kit it gives me the same error message, as described above and says the installation has been sucessful.
But when I launch the game I get the same black screen with the hour glass and nothing works or happens from there.

I though something might be wrong with the files?!

Anyway, I hope someone has a solution.
(I used to have little snitch, but it has been deinstalled for ages, so it might be something else.)

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Journeyman Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 04:33:27 PM »
Anyone tried the fix in the notes?

- In some rare cases (in the setup initialization) it may set the direct version to Directx10, this might crash the game on startup. When that happens, you need to Switch to DirectX mode to Directx9 in the Engine.ini. You can simply do that by Locate the Engine.ini file (/Program Files/Ubisoft/Related Designs/ANNO 1404/) by going to “more” —> open c: —> navigate to the anno 1404 folder and edit the Engine.ini file with a text editor and change the “directXVersion” to value “9”. After that close the text editor and play the game! This is luckily a one time action only.