Author Topic: Caeser III macOS Mojave Developer Beta 4  (Read 161 times)

Offline giovannim

Caeser III macOS Mojave Developer Beta 4
« on: August 05, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »
Hi

Im currently facing problems with installing Caesar 3 recommended GOG version. After installing and updating PortingKit and trying to install Caeser 3 from sever as described in the video tutorial im faced with an issue. During wrapper preparation the process "Creating Wine Prefix" launches a program with a wine icon caeseriii, the program has no window and closes after approx a minute, this causes the installer to go back to downloading engine and wrapper files and the whole things repeats about 5 times before and installation error is displayed. Hope you can help, could be a Mojave related issue.

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Caeser III macOS Mojave Developer Beta 4
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
Indeed. It seems that the WS9WineCX15.0.1 engine is pretty unstable in macOS 10.14 for some reason. Could you please try to "Advanced Install" it, replacing the engine with WS9WineCX15.3.1? You just need to right-click the server game, press "Advanced Install", and keep pressing Next until you see an "Engine" field. Then, replace WS9WineCX15.0.1 with WS9WineCX15.3.1.

Offline giovannim

Re: Caeser III macOS Mojave Developer Beta 4
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:55:05 PM »
Have tried the advanced install with a variety of wine engines, the CX family resulted in the same issue while the newer 2.9 and staging 64bit managed to produce a .app and wine prefix inside the app bundle, but failed to run the setup file in the download folder and thus no c3.exe as expected by the wine is in the bundle. I think the issue could be either in the new security features introduced by Mojave denying access to Downloads folder or by the fact that permission for the Applications folder have changed. I have successfully managed to install the game by using Wine and WineBottler, but upon trying to create a prefix in Applications I was denied access and had to opt out for Documents instead. I can test if the issue is persistent in the new developer beta 6.