Author Topic: STEAM Games Ports Read me First!!  (Read 5502 times)

Offline jschwejk

Re: STEAM Games Ports Read me First!!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2019, 10:13:01 PM »
I believe it's possible that due to the most recent update of Steam, the Steambuilds are no longer working. I tried Steambuild 2, which didn't work, and then later even installed wine and steam through terminal and it won't load my library or let me browse games, let alone play anything.

Is this something anyone else is experiencing at the moment?

Same issue here. MacBook Pro mid2014, Video - Intel Iris 1536 MB, Mojave 10.14.6.
Just a plane black screen in place of library. No list of games to install or play.

Offline paulthetall

• Administrator
  • Master Porter
    • paulthetall.com / Portingkit.com
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2019, 09:55:19 AM »
It is caused by the latest update of Steam. That's why I hate Game clients, it gets updated regularly and then breaks Wine.
There is a workaround: https://www.paulthetall.com/steam-client-issues-update-workaround/

Untill it is fixed in wine use this workaround. It's always wise to check the blog as well when running into specific issues like Steam, or Uplay etc. Most of the time there is a post of a workaround or notification what the process is of fixing the problem.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 09:59:01 AM by paulthetall »

Offline zauberberg

• Gamer
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2019, 03:53:29 AM »
Ah, I dislike the game clients for that reason too. Thanks for the workaround. In my very marginal circumstance, it doesn't work because I was trying to install Goldeneye Source, which runs through Steam but has no Steam app id. I guess I'll have to work until the issue is fixed.