Author Topic: STEAM Games Ports Read me First!!  (Read 3536 times)

carl

Re: STEAM Games Ports Read me First!!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 06:43:23 AM »
Hi there,

I only successfully installed Age of Empires 3 on my macbook once. I let my boyfriend play on my mac; now I'm having the same issues I had before I could get the porting kit to work. The issue is: I download everything, the installation seems fine, I open Steam and it seems to run smoothly, I install AoE3, enter my product code, then the game launches. It runs for maybe 3 secs then minimizes. Then I get an error screen saying something went wrong with AoE3. I have uninstalled then reinstalled everything and nothing seems to work. Can you please help?

Also a kind of unrelated/related question: my laptop has a DVD port and my boyfriend's does not. Does that effect the porting kit's success for Steam games in any way?

Jackson

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 03:16:58 PM »
The Steam Build 2 won't show up after I installed it and what can I do with the wrapper? Thx

Offline scrubof_clubz

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 04:11:25 AM »
I just ported the age of empires III collection from steam and whenever I try to open up the Asian Dynasty's version the screen goes completely black but it does have sound. The other two (AOEIII & Warchiefs) run completely fine. Does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?

Dwaeq

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 02:08:53 AM »
I successfully login into steam and is now in the store page, but for some reason its not loading. I first tried Steambuild 1, which didn't work, then I tried Steambuild 2, but it still didn't work.

Offline Gcenx

• Gamer
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 01:00:00 AM »
I successfully login into steam and is now in the store page, but for some reason its not loading. I first tried Steambuild 1, which didn't work, then I tried Steambuild 2, but it still didn't work.

The Steam store will only function if you enable "Use Wineskin Unofficial Wrapper" and change the Engine to WS10WineCX18.1.0 that will give you a working Steam store but only functions on OSX10.9 and above due to OSX10.8 only supporting TLS1.0.

Casper

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 06:55:33 PM »
I just ported the age of empires III collection from steam and whenever I try to open up the Asian Dynasty's version the screen goes completely black but it does have sound. The other two (AOEIII & Warchiefs) run completely fine. Does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?

I face exactly the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix the issue with asian dynasties?

Offline Gcenx

• Gamer
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 07:27:28 PM »

I face exactly the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix the issue with asian dynasties?

You might want to try a newer Engine version as that might help with the black screen problem. Try WS9WineStaging4.2 or WS9Wine4.2 as see if that solves the issue for you.

Casper

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 12:17:07 PM »

You might want to try a newer Engine version as that might help with the black screen problem. Try WS9WineStaging4.2 or WS9Wine4.2 as see if that solves the issue for you.

Thanks!
But how do I add a newer engine through the porting kit? The newest I have here is 2.6Steam.

David

South Park Stick of Truth
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 03:19:38 PM »
The game starts and shows the various logos of the production teams but then just goes to a black screen and I can't get any further.

Offline scrubof_clubz

AoE III not even running now
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 07:39:49 AM »
With the new porting kit update, whenever i try to play AoE III it says that it has an incompatible windows version and when i click yes to "update the port windows to keep steam working" it says Error and that it "tried to run command WWS-winetrick when the wrapper is already running" Nothing else is running in the background and i tried deleting and redownloading  everything but it still has the same issue. Is anyone else having the same issue and know how to fix this? Thx it will be much appreciated

Offline Gcenx

• Gamer
Re: AoE III not even running now
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 03:27:38 PM »
With the new porting kit update, whenever i try to play AoE III it says that it has an incompatible windows version and when i click yes to "update the port windows to keep steam working" it says Error and that it "tried to run command WWS-winetrick when the wrapper is already running" Nothing else is running in the background and i tried deleting and redownloading  everything but it still has the same issue. Is anyone else having the same issue and know how to fix this? Thx it will be much appreciated

Reboot your Mac and try making the wrapper over, if it still fails after that try enabling “Unofficial wrapper” in the PortingKit preferences then try again.

I say that as I don’t experience any issues with my unofficial wrapper with the current version of PortingKit

garrett

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 12:16:30 AM »
When i press install on the forest it does not work the whole steam freezes

garrett

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 12:31:33 AM »
NVM i got it to install but it opens at closes quickly when using 32 bit, it says 64 bit is unavailable.

Martin

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »
I’m having the same issue with Asian Dynasties. I can still get it to run on the Windows XP port, but I don’t know how long that will work as it technically shouldn’t even work now.

I remember the announcement when this issue was fixed for AOE III and Warchiefs following migration to the Windows 7 port after Steam abandoned XP, but perhaps it was never fixed for the Asian Dynasties pack?