Author Topic: How to install Lords of Magic on Ma  (Read 148 times)

Saraling

How to install Lords of Magic on Ma
« on: July 10, 2018, 08:58:39 AM »
Hello,

So I'm running into a bunch of errors trying to install Lords of Magic. It's giving errors saying it cannot install Wine Prefix while wrapper is already running, but all I did was press the install button and press go.

Also this is the second attempt I've made to install it, and it did not walk me through a selection of where the actual game file that I downloaded was installed in the first place.

Like it didn't have the exe. Is there actually a step, by step way to install this? I didn't see any installation instructions on the Lords of Magic page.

Thank you.

-Sara

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: How to install Lords of Magic on Ma
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »
Hello Sara,

So I'm running into a bunch of errors trying to install Lords of Magic. It's giving errors saying it cannot install Wine Prefix while wrapper is already running, but all I did was press the install button and press go.

That may happen if you try to install the port while running other processor consuming application. Do you have any other applications running along with PK while installing the port?

Also this is the second attempt I've made to install it, and it did not walk me through a selection of where the actual game file that I downloaded was installed in the first place.

If you had a Wine prefix error during the port creation, then probably the port is damaged. Try to install it again, please.

Like it didn't have the exe. Is there actually a step, by step way to install this? I didn't see any installation instructions on the Lords of Magic page.

Right after you press Install, you gonna see the window below. Press Instructions for a YouTube video of how to install ports with PK. It's a bit outdated, but ignoring the PK UI, that has changed since, the steps are 90% the same.

The is the video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBHUc92mes