Author Topic: Red Alert on MBP with Iris  (Read 344 times)

Offline failurbydesign

Red Alert on MBP with Iris
« on: January 07, 2016, 05:15:45 PM »
So i installed red alert and noticed its very slow, even with the game settings on high.  On my MBP with IRIS its slow but on my iMac it runs like a champ.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix the speed issue on the MBP?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Red Alert on MBP with Iris
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:23:31 PM »
So i installed red alert and noticed its very slow, even with the game settings on high.  On my MBP with IRIS its slow but on my iMac it runs like a champ.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix the speed issue on the MBP?

Intel Iris usually have a worse performance than NVIDIA and AMD. Did you tried to set the game settings do medium or low?

Offline 112madgamer

• WSI Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Journeyman Porter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 07:22:32 AM »
I have played red alert  on my macbook air 2013 and it ran fine try to reinstall. I will also test the game for the issue you talk about when does it happen in the game?

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 01:52:55 PM »
I have played red alert  on my macbook air 2013 and it ran fine try to reinstall. I will also test the game for the issue you talk about when does it happen in the game?

It's a speed issue due to his graphic card. That usually happens with Intel Iris users (and always happens with Intel HD users) with most part of the games.