Author Topic: Joystick Controller support (on tests)  (Read 260 times)

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
Re: Joystick Controller support (on tests)
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 09:15:06 PM »
I'd like to be added. Currently attempting to use a PS4 V2 controller to play Fallout New Vegas.

Just added you to the list ;)

In terms of the issue when trying to play this game with the wireless controller brought up by the other user (small black box popping up and the game never starting), I have been able to connect the controller after on the menu screen and the game plays normally; although when I go to settings to map the controller, no option appears (only showing mouse and keyboard). Whereas if I plug the controller into my computer, the small black box issue doesn't occur and I get a joystick option in the settings (and although it does allow me to map buttons using the controller, it doesn't allow me to use them in game).

Many games, including FNV, have that kind of issue. Joystick support in already complicated by itself with some games in Windows, and when it comes to run them on Wine things get even more complicated. That's why we thought about the PK mapping system ;)

Once your joystick is mapped with PK, you should be able to play the game with it, like if you were simply using your mouse and keyboard.

I forgot to mention that before, but in case anyone also has suggestions for that feature, fell free to do it :) All suggestions are welcome. The only thing that we can't do (for now, at least) are:
- Local multiplayer support for games that require different controllers to do that, since the mapping of joysticks directly means that all the connected joysticks will be identified by the game has the same device: your keyboard;
- XBox 360 and Xbox One controllers support, for the reasons explained in the first post of that topic.

FrostMagma

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 05:08:23 AM »
Id love to be added! I have a PS4 V1 and am trying to play Fallout New Vegas if that helps.

Thanks,

Offline vitormm

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Porter
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 12:03:11 PM »
Id love to be added! I have a PS4 V1 and am trying to play Fallout New Vegas if that helps.

Thanks,

You need a forum account in order to have access to this feature. That's how I can add you to the list ;)