This game port has a Crossover Alternative! You can try CrossOver and use it instead if you prefer. Linux users can use this to play as well. Get 30% off with the promode "portingover".
If you already have CrossOver installed, you can install it right now:
If you already Porting Kit installed, press the button below to start the installation:
This WSI file will create a Wrapper and install Caesar IV into that Wrapper. The GOG.com version is tested and DRM free. So this version is advised to use (not the Steam version). When you don’t own the Windows game yet, then the WSI file will supply you the link to the game page where you can purchase this Windows game. Click “Install” to create the game Wrapper. For questions and help check the Help/FAQ tab in the Porting Kit.
Make sure you download the "offline backup setup files" into your download folder from your GOG.com Library before you install the game (Not the Blue Download button which is GOG galaxy). Then click install.
Hail Caesar! Starting as governor of a newly formed province in the Roman Empire your goal is simple: advance up the empire’s political ladder to become the next Caesar. As governor, you will have total control over your province: including city planning, finances, and defenses. As you succeed you will be given new challenges in other provinces within the Roman Empire ultimately ending in the heart of the empire: Rome.
- The free Porting Kit app
- A two Button USB mouse with scroll-wheel (recommended)
- The GOG.com version of Caesar IV
- As Porting kit will already mention: Don’t install “Mono”!
- You do need to install the .net 3.5 software in the GOG game installation. This install takes about 15 minutes to finish. So please be patient in this one. Besides that it may take a minute to launch for the first time.
- After install, it may take a minute that Porting Kit finishes the total install.
- When somehow you get no .net3.5 setup in the installation process and when the game start with a crash, then you have to do the .net3.5 winetrick manually doing: click more —> start wineskin —> advanced —> tools —> wine tricks —> and run the “msxml3” + “dotnet3.5” winetrick. When you then click “play” the game should launch normally.
- With the recent installers of GOG.com, the installation will end in a few errors. If they occur, then just click them away. It won’t effect the game in any way.
- Best performance is the second best graphics and all extra settings off (Bloom, refections etc.)
Love the work we do? Become a Patron... and get extra Tiers!