This game port has a Crossover Alternative! You can try CrossOver and use it instead if you prefer. Linux users can use this to play as well. Get 30% off with the promode "portingover".
If you already have CrossOver installed, you can install it right now:
If you already Porting Kit installed, press the button below to start the installation:
This WSI file will create a Wrapper and installs the Windows Steam or Civcity Rome into that Wrapper. The Gamersgate version of Civcity Rome is tested and works great. When you don’t own the Windows game yet, then the WSI file will supply you the link to the game page where you can purchase this Windows game. Make sure you download first the setup file to the download folder before starting the install. Click “Download” to download and create the Wrapper. For questions and help check the Help/FAQ tab in the Porting Kit.
CivCity: Rome, an incredibly detailed and in-depth city builder inspired by the world of Sid Meier’s Civilization. It is a collaboration between Firefly Studios and Firaxis Games, and invites players to shift focus from building a multi-city empire and zoom-in on the great cities of the Roman Empire, culminating in Rome itself! Players will be charged with building, nurturing and managing one of these great cities as they endeavor to lead the Roman Empire from its humble beginnings to its mighty zenith.
GOG.com version steps:
1. Download the setup file from your GOG.com game library into your download folder after purchase
2. Click “install” in Porting Kit and Porting Kit will install the game.
3. After Install exit the GOG.com installer and play the game!
- The free Porting Kit app
- A two Button USB mouse with scroll-wheel (recommended)
- The GOG.com version of Civcity Rome
- GOG.com or Steam version of the game.