This game port has a Crossover Alternative! You can try CrossOver and use it instead if you prefer. Linux users can use this to play as well.
If you already have CrossOver installed, you can install it right now:
If you already Porting Kit installed, press the button below to start the installation:
Steam install instructions:
After clicking "INSTALL NOW", Porting Kit/CrossOver will install the Windows Steam client automatically on your Mac. After the port installation, you launch the port, login with your account, add the game serial (when not owned already) into your Steam game client account, download the game and play!
This WSI file will download and install the Windows Steam client into the Porting Kit. You can then after login, download and install Age of Empires 2 HD Recommended!) Click “Download” to download and create the Wrapper. For questions and help check the help/faq tab in the Portingkit.
In Age of Empires 2 HD, fans of the original game and new players alike will fall in love with the classic Age of Empires II experience. Explore all the original single player campaigns from both Age of Kings and The Conquerors expansion, choose from 18 civilizations spanning over a thousand years of history, and head online to challenge other Steam players in your quest for world domination throughout the ages. Now in HD!
- A two Button mouse with scroll-wheel (recommended)
- The Steam version of Age of Empires 2 HD
- When download and installing Steam, don’t log into steam yet (cancel), until installation is finished!
- When pk says the installation finished correctly, then you can click play on the local library tab.
- You will see a launcher pop-up with some news and on the left 3 wooden boards with no text. Just click the first one to launch the game. See also trailer. Enjoy!
- When playing multiplayer and the game gets launched, the loading screen may not refresh, in that case when you hear the game music “cmd tab” out and then activate the game window again, and you can play. Hope to fix this bug soon. Until then this is the workaround.