This game port has a Crossover Alternative! You can try CrossOver and use it instead if you prefer. Linux users can use this to play as well.
If you already have CrossOver installed, you can install it right now:
If you already Porting Kit installed, press the button below to start the installation:
GOG install instructions:
Make sure before clicking "INSTALL NOW" that you have downloaded the setup files from your GOG library after purchase, into your download folder, so Porting Kit/CrossOver can start the installation automatically. You will be prompted to install the game like if you were in Windows.
The GOG.com version of Caesar 3 is tested and DRM free. So this version is advised to use. When you don’t own the Windows game yet, then the WSI file will supply you the link to the game page where you can purchase this Windows game. Click „Download” to download and create the Wrapper. For questions and help check the FAQ/Help tab in the Portingkit.
As a provincial governor charged with spreading the glory of Rome your mission is clear – build cities, foster trade and industry, make money. How you accomplish this is up to you. Gain wealth and power, make a career out of pleasing the emperor, battle barbarians and repel invaders, or concentrate on building the next Eternal City. Fail and you’ll end up as lunch for the lions. Prove your strength of mind and spirit and you just might be crowned Caesar!
- The free Porting Kit app
- A two Button USB mouse with scroll-wheel (recommended)
- The GOG.com version of the game Caesar 3
- With the recent installers of GOG.com, the installation will end in a few errors. If they accuse, then just click them away. It won’t effect the game in any way.
- Best Speed options are: Game Speed ”80” and Scroll Speed “60”
- You can change In-game the resolution to 1024x768