This game port has a Crossover Alternative! You can try CrossOver and use it instead if you prefer. Linux users can use this to play as well. Get 30% off with the promode "portingover".
If you already have CrossOver installed, you can install it right now:
If you already Porting Kit installed, press the button below to start the installation:
This WSI file will create a Wrapper and install Origin into that Wrapper. The Origin Version (Red Alert 2 is part of the C&C Ultimate Collection) and the the First Decade version were tested and works. So these versions are advised to use. When you don’t own the Windows game yet, then the WSI file will supply you the link to the game page where you can purchase this Windows game. Click “Download” to download and create the Wrapper. For questions and help check the Help/FAQ tab in the Porting Kit.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 concerns the full-scale invasion of the United States by the Soviet Union. With all-out war taking place in American cities and seven nations to play as, you’ll have to choose which side of the conflict to enter: invader or defender. At your disposal is an assortment of land, sea, and air units, each armed to the teeth, as well as a number of covert units prepared to sneak past enemy lines, steal information, and sabotage their operations. Each victory your units acquire makes them stronger and brings you closer to winning the war.
Notes Origin version:
- Origin has still few bugs. First turn off in game Origin (or game will not launch!!) and the automatic game update (turn off these select boxes) in the origin preferences before downloading the game.
You may have noticed that when you are in the game, that when you click on “network” Red Allert 2 returns to the menu. This is a known issue also on Windows which can be fixed using a wsock32.dll file, which you can add into the game folder. To fix that dow the following:
1. First make sure the Red Alert 2 game is already installed in origin.
2. Download the Wsock32 file
3. Go in local lib tab in Porting Kit —> Click “more” —> Open C: Drive
4. Go to the game folder and move the unzipped wsock32.dll into the folder
5. Go again to the local lib tab in Porting Kit and click “more” —> Wineskin Tools —> Wine Config.
6. Click “Libraries” tab and add the “wsock32” into the list and put it to “Native”
7. Close the Wincfg Window and click on “Play” in the local Library tab, to play with network support.
8. If you have trouble with joining games because of “same serial” follow this guide…
You can play LAN games now or use Hamachi or other alternatives to play multiplayer around the world