This game port has a Crossover Alternative! You can try CrossOver and use it instead if you prefer. Linux users can use this to play as well. Get 30% off with the promode "portingover".
If you already have CrossOver installed, you can install it right now:
If you already Porting Kit installed, press the button below to start the installation:
This WSI file will create a Wrapper and install "Sim Tower" into that Wrapper.Click "Download" to create the game Wrapper. For questions and help check the Help/FAQ tab in the Porting Kit.
SimTower - The Vertical Empire is an old dos game, published in 1995 by Maxis Software Inc.. Main genre of this old game is strategy. We gave this game stunning rating of 75 and you can download it for free right here. Maxis continued with their passion about creating building games in 1995, when they released the game SimTower - The Vertical Empire. This time focused on the construction of the buildings and not just any building, you have to build a skyscraper. Your goal is to build a skyscraper, which will be high, look beautiful, popular among the people. But you must not forget the most important thing: your skyscraper must be economically self-sufficient = profitable. You have to be carefull when selecting an appropriate combination of floor that you will bring you enough money. The game also has a modern successor in the form of games for smart phones: Tiny Tower.
- The free Porting Kit app
- A two Button USB mouse with scroll-wheel (recommended)
- The Windows version of the app from Other
1. To save a game you need to overwrite one of the 3 save games (save1, save2 or save3) I put into the save folder.
2. The windows: Info Bar and Map Window can not be dragged and moved around.
3. Changing costs involves using arrow keys instead of mouse. For the player to be able to change a cost, for example, the cost to rent a hotel room, they need to click the cost and use the arrow keys before the cost will be saved by clicking OK. As the memory use intensifies for this program, after several hours of gameplay it has been noted that the using the arrow keys is not enough. The next solution is to use the arrow keys, click OK, and repeat that step up to 5x to save the new price. A quick cmd+tab to Mac OS X and tab back to Wine solves the issue instantly.
4. No full screen
Love the work we do? Become a Patron... and get extra Tiers!