This game port has a Crossover Alternative! You can try CrossOver and use it instead if you prefer. Linux users can use this to play as well. Get 30% off with the promode "portingover".
If you already have CrossOver installed, you can install it right now:
If you already Porting Kit installed, press the button below to start the installation:
This WSI file will create a Wrapper and install ANNO 1701 into that Wrapper. The GOG version is tested and DRM free. So this version is advised to use (not the Steam version). When you don’t own the Windows game yet, then use the links here to go to the GOG.com game page where you can purchase this Windows game. Then download the Anno 1701 setup file(s) from your GOG.com game library into your download folder using the “Offline backup game installer” (Not the GOG Galaxy setup!) Then Click „Install” to create the game Wrapper. For questions and help check the Help/FAQ tab in the Porting Kit.
ANNO 1701 A.D. includes Anno 1701 and its expansion Anno 1701: The Sunken Dragon.
ANNO 1701 is the most elaborate and expensive game production in the German speaking region and the sequel to the most successful, multi-million selling game series of all times. The third part of the unique combination of different genres creates a real-time building game and is also set in 16th and 17th century, the era of discoveries and maritime trade.
- The free Porting Kit app
- A two Button USB mouse with scroll-wheel (recommended)
- The Windows version of ANNO 1701
- First launch will initialise the game and exit the game. after that it will launch normally
- To avoid crashes after longer gameplay, turn off “post effects” and set texture level to “medium”.
- With the recent installers of GOG, the installation will end in a few errors. If they occur, then just click them away. It won’t effect the game in any way.
Love the work we do? Become a Patron... and get extra Tiers!