This game port has a Crossover Alternative! You can try CrossOver and use it instead if you prefer. Linux users can use this to play as well. Get 30% off with the promode "portingover".
If you already have CrossOver installed, you can install it right now:
If you already Porting Kit installed, press the button below to start the installation:
This WSI file will create a Wrapper and install Windows Steam into that Wrapper. The GOG.com version of Civilization III is tested. So this version is advised to use. When you don’t own the Windows game yet, then the WSI file will supply you the link to the game page where you can purchase this Windows game. Click “Install” to create the Windows Steam Wrapper. After creation, Login into Steam and download and play the game! For questions and help check the Help/FAQ tab in the Porting Kit.
Sid Meier’s Civilization III: Complete, the latest offering in the Sid Meier’s Civilization III franchise, provides gaming fans with Sid Meier’s Civilization III, the highly-addictive journey of discovery, combined with the updated and enhanced multiplayer expansion pack Sid Meier’s Civilization III: Play the World*, as well as all of the great new civilizations, scenarios, and features from Sid Meier’s Civilization III: Conquests! Sid Meier’s Civilization III: Complete provides more ways to explore, more strategies to employ, more modes of play, and more ways to win, all in one box!
- The free Porting Kit app
- A two Button USB mouse with scroll-wheel (recommended)
- The Steam version of Civilization III
Extra Action required!
To fix a sound fx issue you have to manually download a Sound FX fix. AFTER the Civilization III installation in Steam/GOG version. So when the game is installed, Close Steam/Installer —> in porting Kit click “More” —> open C: drive —> program files:
- For Steam —> Steam Apps —> common —> Civilization III complete —> sounds —> Ambience Sfx —> move the 2 “.wav” files into that folder (replaces 1) and close the window.
- For GOG version —> GOG.com —> Civilization III complete —> sounds —> Ambience Sfx —> move the 2 “.wav” files into that folder (replaces 1) and close the window.
Now you can launch Steam/The game again and play the game.
- There is a nasty music bug which may occur which causes the the music to get “stuck”. In that case you need turn off the music in the preferences of the game. Same counts also for FX Sound but not that often, in that case, turn off the sound as well and it plays fine. Played more then an hour and had no crashes.
Love the work we do? Become a Patron... and get extra Tiers!