Hello, here is VitorMM! Yesterday I released the latest Porting Kit Legacy update, which contains all the improvements added in the latest regular Porting Kit update. The main focus of that post is clarify the differences between the regular Porting Kit and Porting Kit Legacy, in case you wanna know.
Before starting, let’s focus in the main difference: Porting Kit Legacy is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6+, while the regular Porting Kit is compatible with Mac OS X 10.9+ (possibly compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 too; need 10.8 Mac to confirm). Many new resources appeared between these two versions, which gives the regular Porting Kit more features than the Legacy version.
The following things were changed in order to make Porting Kit Legacy work with Mac OS X 10.6:
- If you are using Mac OS X inferior to 10.7.5, Legacy should use WineskinX11 always (Mac Driver only works from Mac OS X 10.7.5 and beyond; some Mac Driver ports won’t work with WineskinX11)
- Regular PK notifications are replaced with alerts in Legacy
Also, the following features were removed from Porting Kit Legacy to make it work with Mac OS X 10.6:
- Legacy has no update system (latest versions of Sparkle are incompatible with Mac OS X 10.6)
- Legacy has no Auto layout (which basically means you can’t resize the program windows)
- Legacy has no Rate button (to avoid “unfair” votes; that’s related with the Mac Driver problem and will be changed in the next release to only avoid votes from Mac OS X inferior to 10.7.5)
- Legacy has no FPS Counter (that feature doesn’t work with Mac OS X 10.6, as far as I know)
- Legacy has no Screen Recorder (same as above; there was no AVFoundation at the time)
- Legacy only has the English language (only OS X 10.8 and superior support internationalization)